Bare Nex-Gen vs. Scubapro Anchorage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fly N Dive

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for my first drysuit and dont have much money. does any one have/had one of theese suits and have and comments, or if you know of any other good suits for around $650. all input is welcomed.
thanks.
fnd

I use the nex gen. Never had a problem with it. Got about 80 dives on it and it still looks good. I figured 200 dives with it would be good but I'm sure I'll get good use of it past then. I use the rock boots with it too.
For the price you can't go wrong

thanks

I will have my Nex-Gen.
A good friend of mine (& an instructor, who has an older Bare, neoprene suit) pointed me in that direction. Having tried one on twice now (complete with Rock Boots) I think it is the suit for me. Plus about half the divers I buddy up with have this suit (including a couple instructors) & only one has had an issue with it (a leak - in the crotch- which was repaired).

and put about 30 dives on it over the winter months last year.

I like it. Its basic, but it works.

thanks guys:) :)

I did a fun dive tonight & 5 of the 7 of us that went own a Nex-Gen (1 owns an Oceaner dry - i think- & the other dives wet -eww-).
I can't count how many people I know with the Nex-Gen. (Ok, those 5, plus 1, plus 1, plus 1, you get the picture). And only one has had a problem with it (a leak, from day 1, which is currently getting repaired under warranty.

I LOVE the Nex-Gen. My first two dives in it were tonight & it was extremly comfortable. And, as an added bonus, I stayed dry.

Back
Top Bottom