Bare Drysuit Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the XCD2 and opted for the lace-up trek boots, size 13. SP jet fins XXL fit perfectly, my boots were swiming in the turtles' pocket. Would defenitely recommend the fin spring straps...

The Commercial version, the forerunner of what you are looking at. Basically the same thing. I really like it. I have had it for a few years now. Very durable.

I have the attached boots, I use my regular Mares quattro's with spring straps. No Suspenders. Latex cuffs and attached latex hood. The hood is the BEST. I also use the Viking rings too. I can't recommend this system more highly. I have 100 & 200 weight Bare undies.

Oh yes, and a nice balanced pee-valve too. Don't leave home without it.

I have the Bare Nex-Gen Pro. I was between ML and MLT, I went with the latter, but maybe I should have chosen the former in hindsight to make it a tigher fit. I have the soft booties, and I wouldn't mind them being a little smaller but it's not a big deal. The trek boots that came with the suit, size 11/XXL, were too large for me even though I usually wear size 11 shoes, so in hindsight I'd have chosen the size 10 trek boots. I switched to size 11 converse hi-tops, but haven't tried diving with them yet. So to recap my advice, try the suit on if possible, and make sure the shoes offer a tight fit because otherwise they'll make great air pockets and you'll get floaty-feet. If you get to try it on, then see if you can reach your valces with the suit on.

oops

michaelp68:
I'm inclined to order a Bare Trilam HD Tech drysuit. I'll probably place the order within the next day or two.
Michael

I use socks and DUI rockboots. I like DUI's boots. I had the elastic waist thing removed and a crotch strap installed. This takes the "spring" out of the telecoping torso but make the suit eaier for me to put on and off myself. Depends on your size. I am the on the tall side of "short". I bought a size "LS" and if I were an inch taller I'd need an "L". I did not get the suspenders but had them installed after using the suit for a while The fabric is very tough

Figure on buying some "way big" fins if you use any kind of rock boot. But you need the boots if you actually walk on rocks. If you are a 100% boat diver smaller footware would allow better contact with fins and you might be able to avoid buying new fins

Back
Top Bottom