Bare Dry suit nex-gen shell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescue15

Contributor
Reaction score
What does everybody think of the Bare bi-lam shell - the Nex-Gen material? It seems a little thin compared to a tri-lam suit but people that sell it think it's great. What do owners of this suit think?

Steve

I owned one and I just bought one for the great woman.

They are fine. A little stiff, but they work great.

I have had a Bare Nex Gen for about 5 years diving in zebra mussel territory and as yet the suit does not show any signs of wear. I discovered how tough it was when I went to sand the surface of it to prep it for the installation of a pocket, the sandpaper hardly touched it.

I'm also thinking about getting one... something I don't understand though is that the drysock size is standard depending on what size suit you buy. Does anyone know how stretchy these are? Off the rack the suit I need is medium tall and it comes with a size 10 sock. Will this work for my size 11 feet?

Thanks!

I'm also thinking about getting one... something I don't understand though is that the drysock size is standard depending on what size suit you buy. Does anyone know how stretchy these are? Off the rack the suit I need is medium tall and it comes with a size 10 sock. Will this work for my size 11 feet?

Thanks!

very stretchy. I have size 11 feet and never had a problem.

very stretchy. I have size 11 feet and never had a problem.

Slightly off topic from the original post, but I've just bought one, and am trying to figure out what size boots/Chucks I need for these....what size do you wear?

Thanks

Slightly off topic from the original post, but I've just bought one, and am trying to figure out what size boots/Chucks I need for these....what size do you wear?

Thanks

Rule of thumb is to buy 2 sizes bigger than your regular shoes. I used beach shoes instead of runners.

(something similar to these Neoprene Surf Shoes)

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate the info.

Rule of thumb is to buy 2 sizes bigger than your regular shoes. I used beach shoes instead of runners.

(something similar to these Neoprene Surf Shoes)
Jeff,
Did you get a size 13 then , since you have size 11 feet. I'm asking 'cause the link only goes to 12.
On boat dives, I don't use any shoes with my nexgen. But these look nice if I could get some to fit (I'm a size 12 )
Thanks
BTW OP. I love my Bare Nexgen. Had a chance to get a DUI for change and liked this better.

I like mine but as someone stated before they are a little stiff, and because of that, I think the suit tends to hold air in wierd places. Be carefull about buying the boots. Some boots, such as those made by bare, are already sized large to fit over the sock. I bought my boots online a size big, and they ended up being way to big. I don't even think I needed fins with those clown shoes. Best bet would be to go to a local shop, stick your foot in a suit with a similar sock, and try some boots of different sizes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom