Bare Dry suit nex-gen shell

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the responses! Everybody is great!

Are there any reasons I can't put on my wet suit boots or do I need the rock boots? Is there any problem to just put the fins on over the attached booties?

Steve

Wet suit booties is how I dove my NexGen, never a problem. I went 2 sizes larger on the booties. Also needed to get a pair of fins with a larger foot pocket.

As far as the fin over the attached sock, I wouldn't recomend it. Why risk putting a hole in it walking across a rocky shore to a dive site? This was typical of the site I dove, yours might vary.

You might try going to a Bass Pro like store and see what they have for water shoes also, that might work just as well.

Are there any reasons I can't put on my wet suit boots or do I need the rock boots? Is there any problem to just put the fins on over the attached booties?
Steve

This is exactly what I do. On a boat I just put the fins over the attached 'socks'. On shore entries I use larger wet suit boots. The Bare boots I got with my suit are sooo big :walksmil:that they don't fit any fins I like so I don't use them.

Thats what I do as well. The only thing I don't like is the rear zipper.

Thanks for all the responses! Everybody is great!

Steve

I use Chuck Taylors because I can still get them to fit into my XL jets (same fins I use for wetsuit diving). If you in that situation (trying to fit into your wetsuit fins), then you want a hard sole overshoe that's inexpensive, snug so as not to let air expand in your socks, and doesn't add extra buoyancy to your feet unless you want it.

Chucks, or cheap knock-offs, are a popular choice because the canvas-type cover adds minimal extra volume, the laces let you tighten them up nicely to match the undergarment socks, while not allowing excess expansion of the sock. The soles aren't overly thick either (could be thinner...), though I did remove as much of the padding as I could, and shaved some rubber off the sides so they would fit better - it was a real close for me.

Thanks everybody. I have actually been diving with a pair of wet suit boots on my old dry (damp)suit. It has latex socks - I wear a pair of polartek booties inside and the wetsuit booties on the outside. I looked into a pair of wading shoos but most that I have found that were cheaper than trek boots had a thick sole and big heel so they were not considered. I would like to find something with more of a trail hiking sole but all I have found had leather uppers. I also thought about the Chucks - I just haven't looked for them yet ( I was thinking of a knock off at payless or wal mart).

Thanks,
Steve

Picked up a pair of Hogman wading boots today - $30 nylon uppers, nice and rugged fit over the neo booties great. just as good as the DUI boots

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom