BARE CD4 Undergarment...Ice diving????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lostnC823

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got a Bare CD4 Drysuit, and Will be diving in it soon...however before I go and subject myself to the icy cold frozen waters I need some advice on undergarments. I find myself to be in the middle as far as cold tolerance. Any suggestions from those that have this suit for someone looking to go ice diving? I was told a 100g would work, but seeing as how I used a 350g on my DUI TLS 350 when it was working in 40F waters..this doesn't seem quite right. Thanks!

I always found the 100g a bit cold after about 30-40 minutes in freezing water. If you can fit a 200g (like a ct200) into your CD4 without sacrificing your ability to reach your valves then I would tend to do that.

In any event layer with thermal underwear.

R..

I usually just wear micro-fleece long underwear in water as cold as 42F. Anything colder than that, I wear 200g Viking underwear.

Thanks for the info everyone! Just finished up my ice dives in the brand new suit and was nice and toasty with a 100 plus a few hand and feet warmers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom