Bare Arctic SGS but need more...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's a great configuration.

Consider adding the neo-socks, they amazed me.

I start by filling my booties & neosocks 1/2 full before zipping the booties, it can help but be a hedge against the cold water. Then continue up the suit. It's of particular value in the feet.

Pete

Daner:
I dove this Sunday in the 7mil Arctic SGS fullsuit, step in 7mil Arctic hooded shorty, 5mil gloves and 5 mil boots. Water temp was 41F, maximum depth was 29 feet with a total dive time of 38 minutes. Fingers started getting chilled at about 30 minutes and upon exit I noticed my feet were a little numb but they didn't feel cold in the water. As soon as I got dry clothes on I wasn't cold at all (air temp was low 50s) so I guess my core was kept warm.

I didn't dump any warm water in the suit prior to the dive but I found that there was no rush of cold water upon entry anyway so I don't think it would have done anything anyway. Now last year the coldest I dove was 56F in a rented 7mil farmer john and jacket with bibbed hood. There was an uncomfortable rush of cold water down the neck when I first got in the water. I found the 7mil Arctic SGS combo in 41F was far more comfortable than the 7mil farmer john/jacket/bibbed hood in 56F.

Edit: BTW I find the 'it gets pretty cold, here, in Southern California' quite funny but I guess its all relative.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom