Bare Arctic 7mm Full Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeadCactus

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone have any experience with these? Are they any good? I'm looking for a wetsuit for 65 F water (I've got a 3 mm hooded vest to go under it) and I've got about $150 - $200 to spend.

I have one and dove it in 46 degree water last week. My hands and feet got cold after 40 minutes (5 mm gloves and booties) but my body was toasty warm. It might almost be too warm for 65 degree water.

Warm and excellent fit. For the first six months felt as it was a semi-dry suit. I also use it in combination with a 3mm undervest to dive in colder waters.

Now, it doesn't fit as snug as it used to, though it's still warm. It hasn't survived two years of stretching while putting it on and off, so it has cracked open on one of the knees.

I would recommend it, although the next one I'll buy will be custom made.

It should be more than fine in 65 degree water. I use it for abalone diving in 50 degree water and it keeps me quite warm. However, for scuba diving to depth on prolonged dives I get chilled. The zippers on the ankles have a tendency to come unzipped and also to break. I have seen this on several suits. However, as stock suits go, it is very good.

How much weight do you need to sink this suit? I have heard 7 mils can take up to 20+ lbs. I am thinking about a 7mm for the springs but I really don't want to carry that much weight.

warm suit. I dove it yesterday for three dives in 65F saltwater. I get cold very easy so I wore a 3/7 hooded vest under it. Good suit for the money. I added 10# for the thicker suit and hooded vest. Hope that helps.

It's a very warm wet suit, especially with the arctic vest. I've been diving in one for a couple years here in Monterey including the winter. Only started getting cold once I got into photography, I don't move much any more, so that third dive when the water is 50 gets pretty chilly. Whenever I keep moving it's plenty warm.

Just switched to a dry suit so I'll be selling my Arctic. It's a large with the large vest (attached hood) I'll let the set go for $150 if you're interested. I'm going to post it in the classifieds on the board.

I have one, and use it for spring diving (72) in Florida, and colder salt water during the winter. It's a very warm suit, very easy to get on and off (provided you get the right size), and it's extremely comfortable. I'm very, very pleased with it, and I'll absolutely buy another.

I have the suit along with the Arctic hooded vest. Did two dives in 47 degree water and was toasty warm. It is my hands that got cold the last time we were out and it was 45 degrees.

Great suit.

Back
Top Bottom