Bare 7mm Arctic full

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lukas

Reaction score
Arrrrr mateys,
I be wondering if any of ye lads be knowing if the Bare 7mm Arctic Full + the 7mm Ice Vest is any good or if its a piece of junk.

It's a splending suit & vest combo. I use mine down to 50F when I tend to start going dry. I can dive it colder but since I have the drysuit....

Adding the 3mm hooded vest makes a nice milder weather cold water set when worn under with the full suit in place of wearing the hooded step-in on top.

Pete

It's a great suit. I use mine even in 42-45 degree water (Kingston in May).

Cheers.

-J.-

Yea im a definite fan
although i too have upgraded to dry!

I also dive that combination. I have the 7mm Arctic SGS (discontinued but similar to the new progressive stretch suits) and the 7mm Arctic Hooded Vest (regular, not SGS). I dive the 7mm Arctic in anything less than 60 degrees or so. It's a very nice suit. I add the Hooded Vest if diving below about 50 degrees. I did a couple of dives in 45 F water in Lake Michigan back in early Aug. Certainly not as toasty as I would have been in a DS, but was able to do two dives and it was bearable.

EDIT: Be careful on the sizing of the Hooded Vest. I had to get it one size larger than the fullsuit itself so that it would fit over the top. My fullsuit is a M but I had to go up to the ML on the vest.

Have one of these suits.

Did a dive to 120' with bottom temp of 54 degrees F last weekend. No vest, but suit kept me pretty toasty. Only problem was hands and face. Suit has seals at calfs and wrists to restrict water exchange. Overall, I really like the suit.

Main issue is really fit vs. brand. If the suit does not fit, you will not keep warm - period.

DSAO

Back
Top Bottom