Banked EANx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone know of a shop on Maui that banks EANx? Preferably 32% but 36% is ok too.

How about other islands - Anyone on Oahu, Big Isle etc.?

Aloha, Tim

You could always buy a cascade, a haskel and a compresser. :) and share of course.

Hey Tim... why do you want it banked?

I know that Maui Dreams has the "stick" which means they can fill EAN to your specification (e.g. 38%) as fast as they can air...

a couple of the shops in Lahaina have sticks, but they won't use them after their compressors "blew out" and the cause was blamed on their sticks, so they don't use them any longer.

I really don't want to have nitrox only tanks as I mostly dive air ... but it would be nice to have nitrox available at times... thus no PP for those tanks.

Thanks for the word on Maui Dreams Kris.

MM- I was looking at cascade bottles and compressors today ... dreaming for now :wink: (a haskel is outside even my "dream" range though lol)

Aloha, Tim

Or just make a whip (mine is running $120) and lease a O2 tank from GasPro then top it off at the shop. =)

kidspot:
a couple of the shops in Lahaina have sticks, but they won't use them after their compressors "blew out" and the cause was blamed on their sticks, so they don't use them any longer.

I really don't want to have nitrox only tanks as I mostly dive air ... but it would be nice to have nitrox available at times... thus no PP for those tanks.

Thanks for the word on Maui Dreams Kris.

MM- I was looking at cascade bottles and compressors today ... dreaming for now :wink: (a haskel is outside even my "dream" range though lol)

Aloha, Tim
Yikes... I know that Don at MDDC knows what he's doing and that compressor is kept in tip-top shape with very regular air testing.

I don't know which shops had the trouble, but I wonder if doing the Nitrox blending that way just means having your compressor serviced to a higher standard, with lubes, etc. and that wasn't the case... *shrug* just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom