Bangka in July or not anymore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a bit better translation? Busy as to who struck first I'm still confused. As to the villagersKahuku and Ehe, shall i unvtand that kahuku want the mine stopped as per supreme court order, whereas Ehe do not? Who or whst is Brimob?
Thanks for this Wingy!

That's a bit better translation? Busy as to who struck first I'm still confused. As to the villagersKahuku and Ehe, shall i unvtand that kahuku want the mine stopped as per supreme court order, whereas Ehe do not? Who or whst is Brimob?
Thanks for this Wingy!

the base camp is located at Ehe village, apparently receive direct benefit (read : money) for their people or atleast the head of village.
Brimob is mobile brigade, the National police special operation unit (Paramilitary police), their main task is domestic anti terorrism and controlling riots.

Hopefully Jokowi win in the presidential election, will be officialy anounced on 22 July. He is very close to the grass root people and also has special relationship with Slank.

As Wisnu said above, the Indonesian presidential election, which was over yesterday ...

Indonesian president-elect Jokowi calls for unity after bitter election | Reuters

... may be a good thing for Bangka. Indo musician Kaka Slank, as Wisnu noted, is buds with the new president. He's also very environmentally active, and his big current cause is the mining on Bangka. I'm not going to pretend that a change of presidency, and a five-year term, can eliminate government corruption, the real cause of the mining operation, but it helps to have a new president that's kind of one of the people, instead of the could-have-been, who was a military holdover from the very corrupt Soekarno era.

Fingers crossed, people, and keep the Bangka dive ops busy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom