Band Extension Simple Fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

This may seem extremely simple to some and some others may have not thought of it.

I have a Citizen Aqualand that I use as a backup computer/bottom timer. Doesn't do the full functions of my computer, but does tell me depth, time underwater, and water temp. Also has an alarm for ascent rate.

Anyway, when wearing my 7mm farmer john, the band is to short. Attaching it to my computer band worked, but put it at a difficult angle to make much use of.

So, what's the fix? I extended the band. Bought a rubber replacement watch band. Moved the buckle from the short side of the new band to the long side with all the holes. Then it's just a matter of putting it on the existing band just as if I'm putting on the watch, except I put it where I want it for the added length needed. Now, I just put the watch on like I would every other time. Plenty of length, I can't put the watch anywhere I want on my arm.

Enjoy.

Brian

Back
Top Bottom