Banana drama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who are the mythbusters?

Personally I don't care Bananas about Bananas but if a Captain says no, its his boat and responsibility. If you ever spent any time in the Navy you'd understand

Oh yeah, the story i have heard is the spiders in the bushels one

Actually had the captain of the charter mention this last weekend, but just in jest. He didnt care. I think half the captains are serious, and the rest laugh at the first half. If they want to throw away money over craziness, let them. Plenty of other boats out there.

So, just ask about the stupid banana ahead of time and if it's really a deal-breaker if you can't take one with you, find another op.

What other silly things do I need to know to ask about when considering a new charter? When I ask "is there anything special I need to consider when coming to your charter" do you include this banana thing into your info prior to the purchase decision? Like is it on a list of "what not to bring"? I would really not like to hear about it when I am already loading to get onto the boat. Becomes a pretty pricy banana if I decide I don't like it at that point.

I really do not know what "all" I need to ask if it have not been told when I ask about "general" things. Banana is not something like a fire arm, three toddlers or even half a pig roast that one could figure out on their own to leave behind because it "just makes sense" even though it's not on the "no" list. IMHO, if there is something quite this surprising on the no list, and if the surprise no-list is fairly short, why not come clean and publish your no-banana policy, so us banana eaters can make an educated choice.

I am not coming onto charter to ruin anyone's mood, mine the least. I'd rather pick a charter where I don't need to play these games, and where the crew might turn against me for eating a banana or struggling to get up a ladder or whatever non-perfection.

First GOD the creator of the universe, not some demigod! Next 98% of all accidents on land or sea have occur to those who have eaten Potatoes within 48hrs: Mashed, Baked, Fried, or hashed! So is it the banana or is the real culprit something else? A smart potato would blame it on someone else easy to pick on like a banana! All fruity and yellow! Think about it! The Captains who insist on this nonsense are in cow hoots with Potatoes! Look what they did to Dan Quail! See! So stop the torturing of innocent bananas they have rights too! They were pretty lucky for Eddie Murphy "Put a Banana in your Tail Pipe"! :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom