Balmorhea, Texas 9/13/08..a bit off topic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KC5UX

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I posted this on Texas Swamp Divers forum and they suggested I post here too.

I'll be working in Fort Davis, Texas Wednesday-Friday 8/10 to 8/12 and would like to dive Balmorhea on Saturday 8/13. A few questions.

1. If I just show up saturday morning, is it likely that i can find a buddy to dive with?

2. Are tank rentals available on site, or should I bring one with me?

3. At what time are the festivities likely to begin? I know most divers like to get an early start, so would 8:00 be a reasonable time?

4. Any other info you think would be helpful.

T(h)anks and safe diving,

Jim Fish
Albuquerque, NM

I posted this on Texas Swamp Divers forum and they suggested I post here too.

I'll be working in Fort Davis, Texas Wednesday-Friday 8/10 to 8/12 and would like to dive Balmorhea on Saturday 8/13. A few questions.

1. If I just show up saturday morning, is it likely that i can find a buddy to dive with?

2. Are tank rentals available on site, or should I bring one with me?

3. At what time are the festivities likely to begin? I know most divers like to get an early start, so would 8:00 be a reasonable time?

4. Any other info you think would be helpful.

T(h)anks and safe diving,

Jim Fish
Albuquerque, NM
I guess you typoed the dates, as 8/13 has already passed, or if you were abbreviating the dates as the rest of the world does - there is no 13th month, so I guess the date in the title is correct. :silly:

1: Haven't been there in a few years. It's used mostly for groups with classes, but there should be others you ask to tag along with. I never felt the need as it's a 20 ft deep swimming pool with a natural, spring fed bottom.

2: The adjacent dive shop there at Toyahvale outside of the park was offering tanks & fills. Ph 432-375-2572 to confirm they will be open that date, times, etc.

The park's site: TPWD: Balmorhea State Park with links to room reservations. The on site motel is nice, all non-smoking.

The pool is lowered for cleaning every winter. That's not listed on their schedule, but it wouldn't be bad idea to check: Park: Ph 432-375-2370

I posted on your other thread....
From TPWD: Balmorhea State Park
Due to heavy and consistent rains, the swimming pool is currently closed for safety concerns regarding low visibility. Contact the park for more information.
Run off from Lowell I suppose...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom