Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The link does work. Just give it a little time to load - Indonesian websites are usually very slow.

tzeyap:
Mimpi is a beautiful resort - high end and so be prepared to pay for it. I was there 3 weeks ago and had a wonderful time.

Dived with Ena dive centre which provided an excellent Dm for just two of us. apart from the Liberty wreck, don't miss Batu Kelabit and Emerald Point.

You have not filled up your profile but if you have some dives under your belt do Nusa Penida and the drift dive at Sakinan is really exhilarating. current between 3-5 knots !!

We were very fortunate to see Mola Mola during 4 of our dives even though it is not really the season yet. Better chance of seeing them in august and Sept.

how is the diving price at TUlamben? Over the internet i can see the range of US$55-75 for 2 dives.

What bout the transportation price from Nusa dua - TUlamben? Couldn't find any info on that.

it will be better you check the transportation and dive cost to the related dive center. and will be easier for you to get a package or dive safari, which include diving, accomodation and transportation.

and find the dive site review from kapalselam.org , they are independent.

I doubt the taxis from Nusa Dua will go all the way to Tulamben.. its a 4 hour ride at least.. through a lot of bumpy roads. Literally from one end of the island to the other. Best to arrange for private transfer through your hotel (and pay the world) or do it with a dive center.

ying:
how is the diving price at TUlamben? Over the internet i can see the range of US$55-75 for 2 dives.

Ying,

There are 125 dive operators in Bali ( not including the unlicensed ones ) and you could end up spending a lot of time researching and get very confused on who to go with. By and large most licensed operators will quote fairly similar prices.

To get a good deal, it is probably better to go for a package deal rather than day rates. To get a good package will depend on what you want to do and the type of diving and what you would like to see . The following may help :

Amed, Padang Bai Menjangan - easy diving , good for photography and small critters.

Tulamben - main dive is the Liberty wreck but there are some excellent sites near by.
try not to miss Drop-off, Batu kelabit, emerald point. New to Advance divers.

Nusa penida - Very good dive for large pelagics nad Mola Mola, Mantas. Crystal Bay, Blue corner Sakinan and Manta Point. 2/3 tank day trips cost more at around USD 100 per day . Manta point cost is even higher. Advance divers . Sakinan is a drift dive with strong currents. water is colder at about 25 degrees

Biahai, Gili Tepekong - extremely challenging dives for only very experienced divers. Strong and swirling currents. Pelagics.

For my last trip, after spending a lot of time researching , I decided to go to a dive tour organiser. and laid down what I liked. They proposed an itinenerrary and proposed 15 dive sites and schedule. We were picked up at the airport by Ena and ferried direct to Tulamben. Package included all transport, accomodation and dives , breakfast and lunches. We probably paid no more than if we were to try and arrange it ourselves and it was very easy and we did not have to spend time looking and negotiating while we there. Everything was taken care of. In fact, from the time we got to the airport, we did not even have to handle our dive gear bag !!! Ena took care of everythin g including gearing up and daily washing of the gear . Highly recommended. If you would like the contact or more info , you can PM me.

I'm in Ubud at the moment, hoping to do some diving next week, and was wondering if anyone had any tips on which locations might be best for me at this time of year. I guess the rainy season is just getting started, so there might not yet be much impact, but still thought I should ask. I'm a fairly inexperienced warm-water diver (10 dives total in St. Lucia, Thailand, and Florida thus far). My wife would like to do some snorkeling for one or more of the days I dive (I'll probably want to dive 2 or 3 days). And I think we'd prefer to stay on Bali (or near -- Nusa Lembongan and its sisters would be fine).

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Bali has always been one of my favorite place and I was just there in November! I've also posted some photos from my trip! Check out the thread!

http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=168912

Ed.

Ubud? Not sure if there are any dive shops there but you could always head into Denpasar to check with one of the fine dive ops eg Bali Scuba there. Diving this time of the year may be a little rocky but Tulamben should still be fun and only 2 hours north of Ubud.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom