Bali opening?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the partial hijack. . . I understand (or think I do) why Bali is part of the early opening, but why Raiu? It seems in the middle of nowhere.
Batam is part of Riau islands, is not in the middle of nowhere; it's few steps away from Singapore.
But, I still dont understand why Batam, not the new international airport of Yogyakarta.

Sorry for the partial hijack. . . I understand (or think I do) why Bali is part of the early opening, but why Raiu? It seems in the middle of nowhere.
Riau is right next to Singapore. It’s Indonesian side of port of entry across the Malay Strait.

Riau is right next to Singapore. It’s Indonesian side of port of entry across the Malay Strait.
OK. But if you can't go anywhere else (except Bali), what's the point

OK. But if you can't go anywhere else (except Bali), what's the point
I guess Bali is the guinea pig (testing ground). If the concept works, then the rest of “green” region will follow suit.

That will be interesting to see how it plays out... are we to sit in Benoa harbor or can we anchor off Tulumben and Nusa Penida etc.? Only to have to go back to Benoa in 5 days for retest. What happens if someone on boat tests positive are all passengers removed and placed in quarantine? At least in a hotel quarantine situation you wont be implicated if another person tests positive while there. Either way it sounds like an adventure!

That will be interesting to see how it plays out... are we to sit in Benoa harbor or can we anchor off Tulumben and Nusa Penida etc.? Only to have to go back to Benoa in 5 days for retest. What happens if someone on boat tests positive are all passengers removed and placed in quarantine? At least in a hotel quarantine situation you wont be implicated if another person tests positive while there. Either way it sounds like an adventure!
There is no official news whatsoever about quarantine anywhere else than in the room of dedicated hotels.

“3-Day Quarantine for Fully Vaccinated International Travelers” from Kompas: Spokesman for the Covid-19 Task Force Wiku Adisasmito said the reduction of the quarantine period to three days only applies to international travelers who have been fully vaccinated. Wiku also said international travelers who had just received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine still had to undergo quarantine for five days. In addition, international travelers are required to carry out a Covid-19 test upon arrival at the arrival gate and be tested again after undergoing quarantine.

And this is not going to change until they drop their inane quarantine procedures for fully vaxed & boosted passengers. Pretty clear Indonesia does not want tourists back...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom