BALI/KOMODO .. of fierce currents and cold water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with Ena Dive Center to Nusa Penida, they had nice boat, DM and lunch box with sandwiches and apple. I am thinking to go back to them if I visit Bali again. They have nice package deals too. The DM was very professional and only 3 divers on boat with the DM. I wore a 2/3mm shorty and felt cold. So bring your full length wetsuit.

It's not 18C there all the time but there are big upwellings of cold water from the deep waters off of Nusa Penida and the temperature can drop form a nice 28/29C down to 17/18C in the space of a thermocline. Another thermocline later and you could be in for another temperature.

I dived there last March and was freezing on one part of the dive and unzipping the back of the suit later on as it was too warm....makes for an interesting experience :)

Back
Top Bottom