Bali critters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bigbadwolf

Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took while diving in Bali. Almost all the shots were taken at the Tulamben/Seraya area. Comments are welcomed.

3_43MantisShrimp.jpg

3_41HarlequinShrimps.jpg

3_16Nudibranch.jpg

3_58BoxerCrab.jpg

3_21Crab.jpg

Great shots, I particularly love the first one, there is a sense of menace and mystery. Do I read it right that you are using a 165maco lens?

Alison

Stunning!

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Great series. I'm particularly fond of the last shot with the little crab.

alijtaylor:
Great shots, I particularly love the first one, there is a sense of menace and mystery. Do I read it right that you are using a 165maco lens?
Alison

Hi Alison

Thanks. Yes, I am using the macro lens with 67mm screw thread from Inon. Think they are great. Just wished that I had the one with the bayonet mount instead...then changing/adding lens underwater wouldn't be such a drag.

3_32ZebraCrab.jpg

3_59Nudibranch.jpg

3_60Goby.jpg

3_67CrinoidShrimp.jpg

3_57OrangUtanCrab.jpg

Awesome pics. Thanks for posting. I must remind myself to look more closely (to see those colorful nudibranchs and shrimps you shot) next time I dive Tulamben again.
Dive safely.

justleesa:
Great Series!...Did you take the pictures in RAW?

Thanks, Lisa.

I took the pictures in the highest resolution jpeg that my camera allows. Then I edited them with photoshop.

The only times I shoot RAW would be shooting pelagics or wide angle reef shots without a strobe. Such as the shot below:

4_15MolaMola.jpg

Not too happy about the shot though...I feel it lacks the contrast and its too blue despite the post processing. Maybe I am not doing it correctly. Maybe I should just have shot it with a strobe(but I was afraid the back scatter would ruin the shot)

Bob, Jennifer, EvaL, ...glad you like the pictures...more coming up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom