Bali bombings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wildcard:
I thought the muslum world only hated the US? It would seem that way in the liberal media...No place is totaly safe, from anything. Don't cow to the terrorist threat, that is what they want, for everyone to be afraid.

I think they hate the 'infidels' regardless of their nationality and their western ways.
Whatever that is supposed to mean.
It's so sad, not only for the loss of the life but the fact that tourism whether dive or non dive related will plummet leading to fewer and fewer jobs for people of the island.
Perhaps leading to an increase in poverty and hopelessness which are breeding grounds for fanaticism and possibly terrorism.

It's a vicious circle.

jlyle:
Then, I strongly suggest that you don't visit Southern California, either. We are waiting for the Big One, the hills are burning, and gang violence is out of control.

I'll be in Bali in ten days and will feel safer there than I do in most big cities in the US. You know that security will be tight.

The terrorists are counting on tourists going elsewhere - I, for one, will not be cowed by a bunch of ignorant murderers.

....am I suggesting you not go where ever you want??? Your bravodo is admirable.

Enjoy yourself.

Have a happy life.

Dave

Jamdiver:
I think they hate the 'infidels' regardless of their nationality and their western ways.
Whatever that is supposed to mean.
It's so sad, not only for the loss of the life but the fact that tourism whether dive or non dive related will plummet leading to fewer and fewer jobs for people of the island.
Perhaps leading to an increase in poverty and hopelessness which are breeding grounds for fanaticism and possibly terrorism.

It's a vicious circle.

Agreed.

In bali/indonesia they have had the court cases against those that assisted in the bali 2002 bombings... i still look at these people, i try to look into their eyes and still for the life of me cannot figure out why they are thinking this is ok to do!

they are a mixture of educated and uneducated, a mixture of old and young people a mixture of poor and wealthy and they believe it is their right to destroy peoples lives because they hold a belief that their existance is all worthy and mine is not.

will i go to bali - no freaking way, but hubby and i first said this nearly 10 years ago and it has only gotten worse since. will it stop me from getting on a plane and travelling - hell no, i will continue to do this, to travel.

its breaking my heart.

almitywife:
In bali/indonesia they have had the court cases against those that assisted in the bali 2002 bombings... i still look at these people, i try to look into their eyes and still for the life of me cannot figure out why they are thinking this is ok to do!

they are a mixture of educated and uneducated, a mixture of old and young people a mixture of poor and wealthy and they believe it is their right to destroy peoples lives because they hold a belief that their existance is all worthy and mine is not.

will i go to bali - no freaking way, but hubby and i first said this nearly 10 years ago and it has only gotten worse since. will it stop me from getting on a plane and travelling - hell no, i will continue to do this, to travel.

its breaking my heart.

....well said. Thank you.

If you live in a desert like I do and want to dive you travel. As we have watched the events in Bali unfold the past several years why would you want to put yourself in harms way. My travels and dollars will be dedicated to more prudent locations.

Dave

Wildcard:
I thought the muslum world only hated the US? It would seem that way in the liberal media...No place is totaly safe, from anything. Don't cow to the terrorist threat, that is what they want, for everyone to be afraid.

Just a note... It's not about Muslims. The terrorists don't represent Muslims any more than the KKK represents Christians. They claim to, but they don't. The terrorists are a bunch of wackos with their own agenda, representing no religion or nation.

Fear is the weapon of the terrorist. Counter their tactics with education and awareness.

Happy diving!

HakoFugu:
Just a note... It's not about Muslims. The terrorists don't represent Muslims any more than the KKK represents Christians. They claim to, but they don't. The terrorists are a bunch of wackos with their own agenda, representing no religion or nation.

Fear is the weapon of the terrorist. Counter their tactics with education and awareness.

Happy diving!
also well said

HakoFugu:
Counter their tactics with education and awareness.
nah, just find them and kill them.

dlndavid:
nah, just find them and kill them.

Well, obviously. But find and kill the right ones....

HakoFugu:

If people don't go to bali because of fear, then the terrorists win. Fight terror with courage. Don't cancel travel plans because of fear. That is what they want you to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom