Bahia del Caribe Restaurant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MMM

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I thought I would give this restaurant a mention, especially because some guys on the boat were asking me recently about seafood restaurants. The place is on 5th, just north of the cemetery and is located behind the fisherman's co-op storefront. DH and I just came back from a late lunch there. We were the only gringos. They brought us free seafood soup, free fried whole fish, free ceviche, and free something else (seafood in some sort of mayonnaise dressing). I think as long as we ordered beer @25 pesos each, they would have kept bringing the botanas and we wouldn't have had to order ANY food. However, we decided to share a plate of fish fillets fried with garlic for a grand total of 80 pesos. There were several families eating there and I must say botanos are a great and free way to feed kids. Lion fish on the menu. Open until 8 pm. I recommend the place!

Last edited:
How funny, Jeremy just suggested this to me and we literally just returned from eating there. We were also the only gringos. Very tasty and at least one more location to eat lion fish!

Awesome to hear lion fish is on the menus!!!!!

sounds good. is that the cemetery near chilango's?

sounds good. is that the cemetery near chilango's?
Yes. cross the street at 11, walk north on 10 and turn left at the first opportunity then walk to 5 AV and you are there.

We thought we try this place as well tonight since its close to Casa Mexicana and it's threatening to rain. Very good! Had the ceviche, shrimp, and a complimentary lion fish. Tried to get some crab but they ran out.
My son who never likes fish realized how good real fresh catch is.

Back
Top Bottom