Bahamas: Missing Female Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1. Mrs. Wood is the lost diver ,
2. yes a diver notified the divemaster wile still diving that she had lost her partner
3. the Instructor a guy from UK that was leading the dive
4. after we had look for Mrs.Wood for over an hour another boat from SC shows up with more divers empolyed by the SC dive shop at that point MR.Wood and his friend get in that boat we leave they stay they have now taken over the search
5. we then head to a james bond dive site ,juse befor getting there we met another boat the DM from our boat get on that boat and heads in to the dive center
6. yes we then made another dive on a james bond site

Meg, can you please answer a few questions about that day.

1. Where you on the resort diver/snorkle boat?

2. If not was this the novice diver boat or the more advanced diver boat?

3. Was Mr. Wood diving as well?

4. Was the missing diver noted prior to everyone signing they were back on the boat or when was it discovered?

5. Was the DM that was supposed to have been hired to dive with the missing diver, a personal DM or the group DM?

6. Was this a certified diver? If so, had she not dove in 3 years and thus was required to do a refresher or hire a DM?

Thanks, and my sympathies to you and those involved as I'm sure this was clearly a traggic/tramatic experience.

Steve

yes i was on the boat with the diver that was lost ,road to the dive center with them as well
we did another dive with the Instructor at another site

1. I was on the same boat with MRS.WOOD we all enter the water at the time
2. I would say that most of the divers on the boat were Advance or better
3. MR. WOOD was diving with us
4. another diver and hie wife useing hand signs single the DM that her partner was missing
the Instructor found out when he got on the boat
5. the DM was hired to dive with Mrs.Wood
6. I know nouthing of her diving background

It is hard to understand, but.. the female DM who was hired to watch Mrs. Wood (and her husband) was not watching Mrs. Wood when she disappeared and was imformed of the separation via hand signals from someone else during the dive??? Is that true?

Was there actually a "confrontation" between Mrs. Wood and the hired DM during the dive where the DM tried to get Mrs. wood to ascend but she became combative at a depth of 100 feet, in mid-water, over the edge of the wall? Or is that not really what happened?

From what I hear now, it sounds like Mrs. Wood just slipped away from the group and presumably sunk down the wall before anyone noticed or was able to take any decisive action?

What's the story about the actual dive?

The DM was only hird to dive with MRS.Wood / Mr. Wood was diveing with a friend / yes the DM was informed by via hand signals by another diver and his wife that her partner was gone / confrontation I dident see it and dont know that it happen / not totaly what I think but almost

Doesn't that denote a degree of responsibility?:confused:

The DM was only hird to dive with MRS.Wood / Mr. Wood was diveing with a friend / yes the DM was informed by via hand signals by another diver and his wife that her partner was gone / confrontation I dident see it and dont know that it happen / not totaly what I think but almost

From what I hear now, it sounds like Mrs. Wood just slipped away from the group and presumably sunk down the wall before anyone noticed or was able to take any decisive action?

?

Meg's answer: not totaly what I think but almost

Thanks very much! So what would you add or delete to make the story sound like what you think happened?

This seems a bit odd, DM hired to dive with Mrs. Wood, is seperated from Mrs. Wood, surfaces, and heads to front of boat without notifying anyone?

Either way, as I previously stated, I had both good and bad experiences with SC, but there seems to be a lot of pieces missing here and contradictions to draw any type of hypothosis...it'll be interesting to hear what really happened, if we ever find out.:depressed:

Unless I am reading this all wrong, the husband went on another boat and did the james bond dive???? If my wife went missing I would not be doing another dive while the search is going on. This makes no sence to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom