Bahamas and Passport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rod Koehler

Registered
Reaction score
I'll be doing Blackbeard's in June and am hearing conflicting info on whether or not a passport is really needed from US. Is the requirement still photo ID and birth certificate, or has it been stiffened to passport only?

Rod Koehler:
I'll be doing Blackbeard's in June and am hearing conflicting info on whether or not a passport is really needed from US. Is the requirement still photo ID and birth certificate, or has it been stiffened to passport only?

Get the passport- Allow 8 weeks. Then dive everywhere!

I believe it's passport only now.

Yup - the requirements are getting very stiff. Passports are now required for US and Bahamas travel.

what is needed at the distant end is one thing....if you want to get back in the USA....get the passport

it'll be required in dec, but is strongly suggested now.

The passport isn't required until 12/06, but I agree if at all possible get one, it's just so much easier. Unless maybe you never plan to travel out of the country again and saving the $ is a huge deal.

The conflicting information is because the new requirement was supposed to take effect 12/05, and they changed it to 12/06, but lots of people still don't seem aware of the change.

If your flying AirTran, They will not even let you on the plane unless you have a passport. Couple ahead of me in Jan, Wife had Passport, husband only had a birth certificate and driver's license. She ended up geting on the plane alone. The gate agent would not allow him on board. You've got time so get the pasport and save yourself a possible problem

Back
Top Bottom