Bahama Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karl, very very cool shots!! My favorite is the first Tiger with the squadron of remoras. The second one looks like it could be entitled "Other uses for your photographic equipment: Shark Shield". Kinda bone chilling.

calypsonick:
The second one looks like it could be entitled "Other uses for your photographic equipment: Shark Shield".
Dang, I'm going to need a bigger camera! Mine's only big enough to beat off errant silversides!

I went on Jim Abernathy's boat...MV Shearwater....out of West Palm Beach...this was a special charter targeted for Tigers and Hammerheads....don't really know where we were besides the Bahamas...we never went to land

Boi, most of these are with the 12-24 and Ike's new 8" dome...the one with the Tiger and diver/camera is with the Sigma 15

The largest Tiger was 12' - 13'....largest Lemon was 10' and Hammerhead was around 14'....we typically got 4 -8 sharks per dive

Karl

Wow, they are just amazing shots! I can't wait for my first "real shark" shark dive. I've dived with a few white and black tip reef sharks, and a Leopard shark (very beautiful) but never anything like a Tiger or Hammerhead!

Z...

kdietz:
I went on Jim Abernathy's boat...MV Shearwater....out of West Palm Beach...this was a special charter targeted for Tigers and Hammerheads....don't really know where we were besides the Bahamas...we never went to land

Boi, most of these are with the 12-24 and Ike's new 8" dome...the one with the Tiger and diver/camera is with the Sigma 15

The largest Tiger was 12' - 13'....largest Lemon was 10' and Hammerhead was around 14'....we typically got 4 -8 sharks per dive

Karl

Karl, thanks for the info. I have not been impressed with the 12-24mm behind a Sea and Sea compact domeport but hopefully that will change when I get my Subal housing with 8" domeport for my D2X.
Unfortunately I don't think I will ever see a shark that size around here in Thailand as most are probably in the sharkfin soupbowl already :(

Hey Karl,

Great stuff, looks like you gys had a great trip besides a few weather problems. Been checking out the stuff over on the "other" board as well.
Really want to go.......

I really like the hammer, is that full frame or crop?
Real sharks man!

Incredible pictures! Thanks for keeping the water so blue!

Mamma mia!!!
how close to the Tiger shark. Are they or not one of the most dangerous together with the Great white and Bull shark? I Think I would be very very shaky being so close.

Really great pic’s.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom