bag drag or CUN-CZM via air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll ask forgiveness ahead of time if this was discussed earlier. I've done the bag drag from COZ and have flown directly into CZM. Flying into CZM is my preference. Have you looked into flying from Toronto into Houston or Dallas, then flying to CZM? Flights seem to be fairly reasonable right now, and not much different in price between COZ and CZM.

Whoa man, you are going to get lambasted :rant: for making such a critical error - I think you meant CUN not COZ. :cheers:

I'll ask forgiveness ahead of time if this was discussed earlier. I've done the bag drag from COZ and have flown directly into CZM. Flying into CZM is my preference. Have you looked into flying from Toronto into Houston or Dallas, then flying to CZM? Flights seem to be fairly reasonable right now, and not much different in price between COZ and CZM.

Prepare to duck! :D

I do not want to transit through the US - I figure one less border to deal with, the better.

US is the worst, number 1 in the world! Texas just hit all time high of the virus cases. Don't go to the hornet nest!

Have you looked into flying from Toronto into Houston or Dallas, then flying to CZM? Flights seem to be fairly reasonable right now, and not much different in price between COZ and CZM.
And deal with US I&C just to change planes? Many would prefer not to, as he expressed.
I do not want to transit through the US - I figure one less border to deal with, the better.

Whoa man, you are going to get lambasted :rant: for making such a critical error - I think you meant CUN not COZ. :cheers:

Why, that's why I asked forgiveness at the start of my post . . . I forgot my airport alphabet.

There's no need to beg forgiveness; many of us much prefer to fly directly into Cozumel rather than going through Cancun, even if it costs more and means having to experience a layover in another airport. I am one of those people.

I always prefer to fly into CZM, but direct flights from Toronto don’t normally start until high(er) season, so October or November. Anything before then will be through CUN, and small plane or bag drag.

And what @Dan and @DandyDon said.

oh lord. the ADO bus is right outside the terminal at CUN. The bus station at Playa is right across the street from the ferry to COZ. All together takes maybe 2 hours at most if you miss the connections.

How much are you packing, anyways? There is absolutely nothing unsafe about the bus or ferry. Wear a mask, touch as little surfaces as possible, wash your hands, and don't lick anything.

First, I disagree with the max time. I don't think I've made it to Cozumel within two hours after leaving customs.

Second, my wife has taken the ferry ONCE. She flew back to Coz after almost getting violently seasick on the way over. Since then, we have flown directly to Coz. That doesn't appear to be an option anymore. I have read about the flying option, but am not entirely informed about how to get from international arrivals to the departure flight between CUN and CZM. I appreciate this post.

First, I disagree with the max time. I don't think I've made it to Cozumel within two hours after leaving customs.

Right. 2 hours isn't possible even if everything goes right. It could take that long for jsut the ferry. Minimum 1:15 for ADO and 50 min for ferry, assuming you just barely catch the bus before it leaves the airport and just barely catch the ferry before it pulls away from the dock. Fastest ever for me in a dozen times is about 2.5 hours.

There is no max time if you consider traffic jams or mechanical issues but excluding that, you could wait 20-30 minutes at CUN for the next bus, plus 1:15 transit, then wait almost an hour for the next ferry, plus 0:50 transit. So it could be over 3.5 hours.

Yeah. That’s in line. I’m thinking $5 a bag especially as business has been tight recently...
They have always seemed happy with $5. I am tipping more now just because.

Back
Top Bottom