Bad knees & fin questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, you know how time fades away..............

I have the same problem with both knees, and have had to switch to splits. Surprisingly, I have not died yet. I started with SP Twin Jets, but switched to Apollo Bio Fins after trying a pair. I find I can go faster with less effort and more comfort in the Bios than in the Twin Jets. I was able to knock off 5 seconds in a 25 meter underwater swim using the Bios, and I find the Bios better in current than the Twin Jets. For me, the only downside of Bios is they are heavier and are negatively buoyant. If you drop one in the water, you better hope it is not in real deep water, and you have a buddy that has enough air to retrieve it for you.

Hi All,

I need to buy a new set of fins, came with 2 and now only have 1... Oh Well...

I had a set of Scubapro split fins because I have pretty bad knees. So the question is: Are the Scubapro Jet fins going to be hard on the knees or should I stay with the splits or is there another good option? I am not doing any tech diving, but do sometimes end up in pretty bad current at times.

Thanks

Ray

I'd get another set of the same splits, if I was happy with them, as I would have a spare fin which would insure I never would lose another fin.

Bob

I have to go easy on my knees before diving. If they feel good, I can put down power with any fin.

But when they get sore and clicky, I can barely frog kick. Subapro Nova's are best. My DGX Classic (Jetfin copies) are pure pain.

Lucky for me, most dives are hardly exercise. No kicking really involved, so I keep up ok. I think I'll skip currents (other than drift dives) and moving rivers for now.

some will say I am biased, but ForceFins. ForceFin Pro are amazingly comfortable and will do everything you need. Sure they cost more, but I have fins that I still use that over 20years old, sat in the Hawaiian sun for years, and still kick the way they did new.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom