Bad experience with Diversdiscount (scuba.com)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shrwdtech once bubbled...
For the most part we need to keep in mind a lot more often that people are people and they can make mistakes from time to time.

This may have been a bummer, and even disappointing, but when it all boils down to it, they made an honest mistake.

From my past experiences I've found Scuba.com (DDS) to have informative people on the phone who seem to actually use the gear they are telling you about when I've had questions, have found them to be responsive to concerns, and in the past have had quite good dealings with them.

I've used them in the past, probably will again, and have reccomended them to my friends on more than one occasion.

Of course people make mistakes, and I'm sure these guys, for the mosts part, don't make mistakes. However, I would expect them to take responsibility for their mistakes, which they did not do.

m.

Just a difference in opinions, I guess.

I don't expect somebody to lose money over an honest mistake. I'd feel different if they'd tried to 'take me'.

shrwdtech once bubbled...
For the most part we need to keep in mind a lot more often that people are people and they can make mistakes from time to time.

This may have been a bummer, and even disappointing, but when it all boils down to it, they made an honest mistake.

From my past experiences I've found Scuba.com (DDS) to have informative people on the phone who seem to actually use the gear they are telling you about when I've had questions, have found them to be responsive to concerns, and in the past have had quite good dealings with them.

I've used them in the past, probably will again, and have reccomended them to my friends on more than one occasion.

I gotta agree with ya...I actually have a *great* internet story....

I called DiveRiteExpress to order a $8 item from their web page, noting that their web page said that anything on that page would be shipped overnight for free (it was a mistake). After realizing that they made a mistake, I offered to pay shipping, and I pointed out that I needed the item within a few days.

They ended up paying the entire $11 shipping charge to get the $8 item to me, despite me offering to pay it myself....Incidently, they changed the web page that evening...LOL

I will continue to order from DiveRiteExpress for all of my diverite things....(BTW, this is NOT Dive Rite, but they carry Dive Rite Products.)

--Sean

scubasean once bubbled...

I gotta agree with ya...I actually have a *great* internet story....

I called DiveRiteExpress to order a $8 item from their web page, noting that their web page said that anything on that page would be shipped overnight for free (it was a mistake). After realizing that they made a mistake, I offered to pay shipping, and I pointed out that I needed the item within a few days.

They ended up paying the entire $11 shipping charge to get the $7 item to me, despite me offering to pay it myself....Incidently, they changed the web page that evening...LOL

I will continue to order from DiveRiteExpress for all of my diverite things....(BTW, this is NOT Dive Rite, but they carry Dive Rite Products.)

--Sean

Did you get your bill yet? They add $10 to all orders under $50.
http://www.diveriteexpress.com/policy.shtml
That policy has existed since they started. Their storefront goes under the www.fillexpress.com name. They are THE place to get your tanks filled in S FL.

deepstops once bubbled...

Did you get your bill yet? They add $10 to all orders under $50.
http://www.diveriteexpress.com/policy.shtml
That policy has existed since they started. Their storefront goes under the www.fillexpress.com name. They are THE place to get your tanks filled in S FL.

Yep...the invoice was for $7.69 and that is what my card was charged. (Just reverified it...)

And, I think it is that they add the charge to all WEB orders under $50. Not *all* orders under $50. (at least in my case)

BTW, although I was "reading" the website, I placed the order over the phone....which is how they and I discovered the mistake...

So, I didn't technically place an order over the web...

Oh well...Guess I got off good....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom