Bad Back and Sore Knees... What type of Fin is Best????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wear XXL FF's with my 10-11 FourthElement booties and the comfort instep. If you pick a boot with a moderate sole it will fit fine for both dryboots and booties.

Seawing Novas

Another vote for Force Fins. I have 2 bad knees - several operations - and a bad back as a result of surgery last year and I have no pain or strain suing them. Swapped fins with an Instructor while on vacation a couple of weeks ago, so he could try my Force Fins and I was amazed at how much discomfort I had even though his fins were not as stiff as my fins.

Find a LDS that has a pool or a demo program to test dive different fins.
I have found my LDS will accommodate a test dive of most equipment, I explained my knee issues (both have been replaced) and they were more than accommodating. In fact I was so impressed with their customer service I will only shop through them.

That would be a great idea if you can find an LDS that carries more than one or two brands of fins. Unfortunately most LDS will try and push what they carry - so that leaves a whole lot of fins that you never get to try. :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom