Backup if using wireless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guys & Girls,

I dive a Uwatec Air Z, I carry a Analogue SPG in my spares bag so I don't miss a dive if the computer won't work (never happened yet, just happen to have a spare SPG so keep it at hand).

I suspect that Analogue gauges fail as often as Computers and therefore see no real reason for carrying both! If you're that worried about the computer or SPG stuffing up on you then get to know your air consumption rate.

Larry - do you dive alone?? If not then your buddies your backup for all your depths and times, don't worry I used to carry all that junk too (and still do on Solo/Technical dives).

Dave.

PS// Lets not forget that O-rings fail, the most common leaking point I see on other divers is from the SPG where it conects to the HP hose!!

I have a Uwatec that never failed me until a few weeks ago. Didn't get a signal for a few minutes. I am thinking of connecting the SPG again. A friend have some Sea&Sea 90 strobes. They interfere with the Uwatec.

KeyLargoBrent once bubbled...
How 'bout screwing a pony bottle guage (no hose) into the extra HP port on your first stage. Kinda hard to check, but chances are you'll never have to!
Sorry, but that would be worse than useless. Your buddy would have to check it for you and communicate your remaining pressure to you.

If you want to carry a backup SPG - put it on a 24" hose and clip it off to a D-ring on your left hand side. I have a wrist mount Vytec with AI, and I don't even notice the SPG hose there unless I need it.

Back
Top Bottom