Backplate/Wing Instruction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stephen Ash:
Simple. Call 800.574.6341 and tell 'em what you need and how you want it sent. (That's the # for Extreme Exposure in High Springs.)

Actually your best best is to contact Halcyon direct, if there's anything wrong with the inflator, they may just replace it. Call and ask for Corey.

cjust:
Any particular reason you recommend them? I also should have been a little more clear in my original post. I'm not looking for one of the Halcyon stainless steel inflators. I just want one of the OEM plastic ones. I just don't know if I actually need to get the Halcyon OEM inflator or if I can go with another brand.

Not really... except that I have bought a ton of stuff from EE over the past 6 or 7 years and have rarely had a problem and not only do they carry H gear but they carry a lot of other brands... they would easily have a good OEM replacement. Shoot... they probably could sell ya one of those Scubapro Balanced Inflator that everyone raves about. They are a huge H dealer and I'm sure that they have dealt with this issue about... uh... a thousand times.

Or... do as John suggested... he knows.

AZTEK DIVER:
Actually your best best is to contact Halcyon direct, if there's anything wrong with the inflator, they may just replace it. Call and ask for Corey.

Thanks for the advice. I actually had a short email conversation with Corey. Unfortunately he never mentioned them replacing anything. He suggested a H OEM replacement from a certified H shop. I just wasn't sure if that suggestion was something he had to say since he works there. That is why I posed the question on the board.

Stephen Ash:
they probably could sell ya one of those Scubapro Balanced Inflator that everyone raves about.

I was acutally wondering if I could use one of them. I don't know much about them - but I have seen a lot of positive comments on Scubaboard.

cjust:
Thanks for the advice. I actually had a short email conversation with Corey. Unfortunately he never mentioned them replacing anything. He suggested a H OEM replacement from a certified H shop. I just wasn't sure if that suggestion was something he had to say since he works there. That is why I posed the question on the board.

If you're just looking to replace it, go to your favorite LDS and have them order a generic replacement from Trident.

Stephen Ash:
Simple. Call 800.574.6341 and tell 'em what you need and how you want it sent. (That's the # for Extreme Exposure in High Springs.)

Have you been there? I've driven by the shop several times, but never stopped by. I'm always too busy heading to the caves or heading back after they've closed already. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom