Back up light selection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaMilo:
The location of the canister can be moved forward or back a very small amount and makes just enough room for the 3c scout.

That's basically what I've done ... slide the canister back. Accessing the switch just feels a little awkward for me. Perhaps it's a little too far aft. Maybe you can take a look at it sometime.

Funny, I do the opposite. Leave the right canister buckle a little loose and angle the can forward. Then the backup light tucks behind without getting in the way of the canister's switch.

riguerin:
That's basically what I've done ... slide the canister back. Accessing the switch just feels a little awkward for me. Perhaps it's a little too far aft. Maybe you can take a look at it sometime.

rjack321:
Funny, I do the opposite. Leave the right canister buckle a little loose and angle the can forward. Then the backup light tucks behind without getting in the way of the canister's switch.

Rick,

I think rjack321 is right about this.
My canister is pitched slightly forward, it leaves room behind it for the scout to rest.

I'd be glad to check your light location out next time we dive.

Milo

riguerin:

Have you tried loosening up the circle clamps and moving the canister down a bit?

nadwidny:
Have you tried loosening up the circle clamps and moving the canister down a bit?

On my dive-rite, yes. But mostly to get as much "hook" on the bottom for the long hose. Didn't help with the switch access on the top end. I do like the 2cell scout on the right, very trim.

nadwidny:

This is an easy fix that most people overlook.:D
I think they forget that the clamps are moveable.:wink:

Milo

nadwidny:

No, I just did the lazy thing. That sounds like good suggestion.

ScubaMilo:
I'd be glad to check your light location out next time we dive.

Thanks.

I bought a Halycon 3C Scout LED and a Heser LED backup essentially at the same time. Both are machined from Delrin, come equipped with equivalent LED but take rather different routes for holding the batteries. In the Scout, you've a thin linkage of metal that runs from the bottom spring and loops over the delrin seal at the top. Contrast this with the machined internal metal casing of the Heser that is used to carry the batteries, and slots inside the delrin. The advantages of the Heser design were rather well demonstrated when the Scout arrived with a badly contorted metal loop. Having spent equivalent $, could not escape the feeling of having lost the value equation when it came to the Scout.

Suffice that I bought a second Heser, and the Scout now brings a smile to my 3 yo.

And this is nothing against Halycon, am really chuffed with my Evolve 40 BP/W.

In case you're looking for a Heser, check here: http://www.dublinbaydiving.com/light.htm (No affiliation)

rjack321:
On my dive-rite, yes. But mostly to get as much "hook" on the bottom for the long hose. Didn't help with the switch access on the top end. I do like the 2cell scout on the right, very trim.

Is your switch inboard or outboard? Doing cave with no gloves I can turn it to the inside however I find that with dry gloves I have to put it on the outside.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom