Back up computer for Perdix AI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you have an existing computer? Use that.

I got my Shearwater and kept the old 1-button Oceanic (that I hate) as my backup for recreational dives. Picked up a Hollis DG0(something?) for cheap as a depth gauge/timer for running cut tables on deeper tech dives that the Oceanic won't accept (in water gas changes).

Shearwater is the primary. Oceanic is the backup/reality check.

Teric?

E0B11EE9-DE20-49B8-9699-181899CFF833.jpeg
Can’t go wrong, worth every penny

I thought it was one per arm?
Looks a little hard to press a couple of the buttons when pressed up against each other.

Thinking of buying a Perdix AI. What would be a suitable backup wrist computer? I don't want to have to buy another Perdix as the back-up due to cost. Right now I'm diving with a Galileo and some kind of Aladin as backup.

The Galileo will work just fine for a back up to the Perdix AI. I've been diving with both, now the G2 instead of the Luna, for quite a while and found they work well together. If you want to get rid of your Galileo then buy a used Petrel 2.

I would use any computer you already have as the backup to a Perdix AI. If I eventually shelled out cash for a backup, I would get another AI computer that works with the same transmitter as the Perdix AI. That could be another Perdix AI or a Teric or any of the many Oceanic, Aeris, Aqualung, Hollis, etc. computers that also work with that transmitter.

The point in a backup is in case your primary dies, right? If your primary is also your SPG, then you'd probably want your backup to also be able to be your SPG.

Of course, it would also be a good idea to have an actual SPG or a spare transmitter as a backup, too, in case your primary AI transmitter dies.

I have been using a Perdix AI and an Oceanic Atom as backup recently. They both listen to the same transmitter. And I have an extra transmitter I can swap in if the main one dies. I have a couple of actual SPGs in a bin but I haven't used one in a year or two.

Thinking of buying a Perdix AI. What would be a suitable backup wrist computer? I don't want to have to buy another Perdix as the back-up due to cost. Right now I'm diving with a Galileo and some kind of Aladin as backup.
Why not use the galileo or aladin? As long as you're not diving super aggressive or tech diving, it'll be fine. If you are.. then get a used petrel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom