Back to Florida at the end of the month!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, and now I look at the forecast and discover that not only have we picked the end of the drought to show up in Florida, but the low temp tomorrow is going to be TWENTY FIVE DEGREES!

Heck, it's 54 here and the water's murky. We could stay home :)

Peacock is still good to go, as is Devil's. We have a cold front today, but it starts to warm up tomorrow and will be back in the 70s by the weekend. So is the weather in North Florida...

I haven't been to JB since the weekend, but I'm sure you'll find it as you last left it in December, probably even better.

Ditto on Peacock and Devils.
(They should be just fine , as will Litter River be , me thinks)

I am curious if Madison blew out AGAIN !!!
I'll put some feelers out.

Tanx.

Da Beano

TSandM and I spoke today and P1 is blown out. I'm going to wave off diving tomorrow - the fortunes of living in the area.

TSandM and company I hope you find some clear water - Ginnie is still good to go and hopefully some other systems will be good to go. Catch you next time!

Yeah, and now I look at the forecast and discover that not only have we picked the end of the drought to show up in Florida, but the low temp tomorrow is going to be TWENTY FIVE DEGREES!

Heck, it's 54 here and the water's murky. We could stay home :)

Think it was like 88 degrees 2 days ago in south Florida...

forgive the incompetence but what does "blown out" mean?

With flooding of the rivers it exceeds the hydrostatic pressure of the aquifer,and causes the flow to reverse,so typically river water intrudes and visibility is nonexistent. This is a normal part of the cycle that hasn't occured in awhile due to changing weather patterns,but this is a good thing because it will "heal" the cave-erasing errant hand prints,staining the walls so marks will be gone. In the past when the hydrostatic pressure has been low from a drought,it takes awhile to to clear up after the flood has gone-Little River it took over a year last time.

Well, we got one dive in at Orange Grove today. I'm pretty sure the viz in the first 150 feet or so was right at our limits going in, and below them coming out, so we didn't attempt another dive. Instead, we did the non-diving tour of blown out springs this afternoon, taking some pictures of the river water POURING into P3, and the vortex at Little River. What a lovely park that is!

Tomorrow we're going to go check out Manatee.

Making lemonade . . . And having fun doing it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom