Back to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterskier1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm headed back to my favorite diving location - Bonaire - in October for two weeks. I hope to finish up my Divemaster the first week, and since I found a fantastic deal, I'm going to spend another week diving for fun.

I'm looking for a dive buddy/room mate for the second week. I've already reserved a room at Golden Reef Inn for 24-31 OCT 2009.
The cost is only $420/person and includes

• accommodations in one bedroom w/kitchen condo;

• a double cab pickup truck;

• unlimited 24/7 shore diving including weights, air (and NITROX if certified) with Wannadive;

• free WiFi access;

• Free International calling (via Skype);

• Taxes, fees, and service charges on the above.
Not included are:

• Insurance (Collision Damage Waiver) on the truck is extra $12/day ($11.55 + tax).

• Meals

• Marine Parks Tag ($25)

• Airport departure tax ($34.50)

• And, of course Airfare.
So, it would be just under $525 total - not including airfare or meals/drinks for a full week of unlimited shore diving. If you check around, this is a super price.

I would like to find someone to share the condo, truck and diving. I've been to Bonaire 5 times in the last 3 years and love it there. I can show you around the dive sites, and around town. So, if you are looking for a really inexpensive vacation this could be your "ticket". I can get additional rooms at this same price ($420/week, double occupancy) if more people are interested.

Air flights are available through Continental, Delta, and I'm trying a new Dutch Antilles company called Insel Air for my trip down.

If any of you Rocky Mountain Oysters are interested in this, please let me know!

Disclaimer: I'm not associated with any of the above businesses, other than a satisfied previous customer.

Hey Tom,

I'm camping up in Medicine Bow Natl Forest this week and have no service. I'm borrowing another buddy's Sat. Internet to respond. I'll be back Sunday night. I got airfare for $780 through cheapoair.com (or cheapoairfare.com). They are the only site that shows Insel Airlines, which is a new one out of Curacao, with direct flights from Miami to Bonaire. Otherwise, check Delta or Continental. I'll check back when I get home.

-Rick

Tom,

I'm back home and just checked airfare costs. It has gone down since I booked. The Continental Flight I like is now lower than the mystery flight I am taking. It looks like you can get there for $660 round trip ABQ/BON. Oh, taxes & fees bring it to $736 which is cheaper than I've ever found in my last 6 trips!

I'm bumping this up since there only a few weeks left. I've already paid for the room, truck and diving so I'm looking to make someone a really good deal if they care to room and dive with me. :wink:

Of course you'll still have to get your own airfare and pay for your food/drinks and share of the gas and any other personal expenses. If you think you might be interested, send me a PM and I'll get back to you. (If you include your phone number, I'll call you-just let me know when is the best time).

I'm not desperate :no:; in fact I've already had a couple offers from others who will already be on the island to buddy up for dives :D, but it seems a shame to let this dive package go to waste. :lotsalove:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom