• I'm good

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • I could do better

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • I'm bad

Votes: 25 30.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in doubles, if you're looking down that seems to make a back-kick just about impossible to do without heading butt-first to the surface...

head up, resting the back of the head on the manifold looking forwards/up really helps...

I'm curious why is seems everyone says the backward kick gets lost in the transition to doubles - (no I'm not a doubles diver yet) is it because of the change in your center of gravity, the additional resistance in the water or something else?

I definitely believe it's harder, just curious as to why it is...

I'm still at the stage where I am ok with it about 80% of the time... it's that other 20% I'm at a loss with - then I gotta get the "finesse" part worked out :wink: - I really appreciate all the suggestions in this thread - MHK, I'm gonna try those tips next time out.

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
I'm curious why is seems everyone says the backward kick gets lost in the transition to doubles - (no I'm not a doubles diver yet) is it because of the change in your center of gravity, the additional resistance in the water or something else?

I definitely believe it's harder, just curious as to why it is...

I'm still at the stage where I am ok with it about 80% of the time... it's that other 20% I'm at a loss with - then I gotta get the "finesse" part worked out :wink: - I really appreciate all the suggestions in this thread - MHK, I'm gonna try those tips next time out.

Aloha, Tim

I tried to summarize what works for me in a step-by-step that I posted on my site.

I generally use it in a very relaxed manner, but sometimes I like to see if I can stay ahead of someone that is frogging causually or mod-frogging toward me.

bob

MHK:
One of the tips I give my students all the time, but for whatever reason they forget this when they get underwater ;-), is to remember to slightly cheat with your head pointing up. This makes step 2 of the kick a little easier to glide the fins from position 2 to position 3. If you keep your knees wide apart and cheat slightly by positioning your body slightly in the head up position, you'll find that the skill will come quicker. Once you learn the basics, then you'll more quickly be able to learn how to backward kick up or down..

Hope that helps..

Regards

Thanks. I'm OK with doubles and wet suit but I have to practice more with dry suit. Pointing head up and toes straight will help for sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom