Trip Report Back in the high life again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Surface interval of 90 days. I finally flew back down to Florida yesterday and went out with Loggerhead out of Boynton Beach today. So good to be back in the water. Six divers and mate on the dive deck. Lots and lots of room, face covering when it seemed reasonable.

Seas 2-3 feet, visibility 50-60 feet, water temp 79-80 degrees. Two wonderful solo dives. First from outside reef at 007 with crossover at end to Gulfstream. Second dive up north at Lynn's Reef and Castle Ledge. Five Loggerheads, a large Lemon Shark, all the usual reef fish.

11 more dive days to go :)

Edit: I forgot to mention the several huge schools of Spadefish on the second dive, dazzling.

Enjoy your days here, hopefully the seas will cooperate for good diving.

Surface interval of 90 days. I finally flew back down to Florida yesterday and went out with Loggerhead out of Boynton Beach today. So good to be back in the water. Six divers and mate on the dive deck. Lots and lots of room, face covering when it seemed reasonable.

Seas 2-3 feet, visibility 50-60 feet, water temp 79-80 degrees. Two wonderful solo dives. First from outside reef at 007 with crossover at end to Gulfstream. Second dive up north at Lynn's Reef and Castle Ledge. Five Loggerheads, a large Lemon Shark, all the usual reef fish.

Welcome back!

Edit: I forgot to mention the several huge schools of Spadefish on the second dive, dazzling.
Looking forward to daily reports!

Anything to mention about airport and flight? Normal protocols from TSA, empty plane?

Anything to mention about airport and flight? Normal protocols from TSA, empty plane?
Everyone in the Philadelphia airport and West Palm airport was wearing a face cover. TSA had you take down your face cover to check your ID. I have TSA precheck, it worked normally, do not know how regular check was working. Many of the airport shops were closed, though there was some service. Lounges were closed.

Everyone wore a face cover on the plane for the entire flight. There was no beverage or food service. It was a relatively small plane, Ist class rows were 1+2, I was in a 1, so did not sit next to anyone. All the 2s were full, obviously, some of them were not traveling together. The rest of the plane was 2+2, no middle rows. The plane was at least 3/4 full, many of the 2s were full, some people had their row to themselves. Only about a 2 1/2 hour flight, it was not bad for me, took a bottle of water and watched downloaded Netflix

I rented a car from National. Shuttle driver wore a mask, employees at the facility wore masks. My car had a cleaning checklist on the rearview mirror.

I went to the grocery store, everyone wore masks. I did my shopping for my 2 week stay, the only people I will come into contact with now will be the folks on the boats :)

Enjoy your stay and dives

So, today, the wind and swells were up, 2-4 or 5 feet, occasionally bigger, short period. We did the two morning dives but the afternoon was cancelled. It was a day to make sure you didn't fall over on the boat. The pick ups were not simple or easy..

Two more great solo dives with Loggerhead out of BB. First dive was on the outside at Green Roof with crossover at the end. The second dive was Briney Breezes to Castle Ledge and Lynn's. The current was moderate to brisk north, a little less on the second dive. Current and/or wind often pulled the flag toward the west, making it a little tougher. Water temp was 81 degrees today, visibility about 60 feet. A couple of Green Turtles, many Loggerheads, Nurse Shark, Lemon Shark (same one as yesterday?), all the usual reef fish, many small skinny lobster feeling safe, for the time being. At least one group saw a medium size Great Hammerhead, I was not so lucky.

Great to be back in Florida, diving.

Today was challenging. I did two dives this morning with Pura Vida in Palm Beach. 2-4s and building to 3-4s with occasional 5s for the 2nd dive. Current was screaming as well and meandering between NW to N to NE to N to NW....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom