Trip Report Back in the high life again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This morning's dives were cancelled due to winds, seas, and conditions at the inlet. Fortunately, was able to get out this afternoon for 2 more good solo dives with Loggerhead in BB. First dive was outside at Sharkie's Ledge with a crossover to Briney Breezes. Second dive was at Jerry's No Name north. Seas were generally 2-4 with occasional bigger. Brisk north current. Water temp was 80, visibility was down to 40 ft, occasionally less. A couple of Nurse Sharks, a couple of Green Turtles, several Loggerheads, a couple huge, a couple of beautiful free swimming Green Morays and all the usual reef fish. There was a gorgeous juvenile French Angel and a friendly Queen Triggerfish.

I am grateful again, The rest of the week, through Friday, looks pretty good.

This morning's dives were cancelled due to winds, seas, and conditions at the inlet. Fortunately, was able to get out this afternoon for 2 more good solo dives with Loggerhead in BB. First dive was outside at Sharkie's Ledge with a crossover to Briney Breezes. Second dive was at Jerry's No Name north. Seas were generally 2-4 with occasional bigger. Brisk north current. Water temp was 80, visibility was down to 40 ft, occasionally less. A couple of Nurse Sharks, a couple of Green Turtles, several Loggerheads, a couple huge, a couple of beautiful free swimming Green Morays and all the usual reef fish. There was a gorgeous juvenile French Angel and a friendly Queen Triggerfish.

I am grateful again, The rest of the week, through Friday, looks pretty good.
Glad you got out in the afternoon! I have been copying and pasting your daily reports and sending to my friends that will be accompanying me the end of the month for 12 days of diving. Will be their first experience diving Boynton/West Palm.

Glad you got out in the afternoon! I have been copying and pasting your daily reports and sending to my friends that will be accompanying me the end of the month for 12 days of diving. Will be their first experience diving Boynton/West Palm.
This is the best of SE FL

3 mm and a hooded vest, I'm toasty, even with well over an hour per dive. The older I get, the less I like being cold :)

There is a difference between feeling the cold and being cold.

Feeling the cold is that it is cold on your skin, being cold is a drop in core body temperature.

I like feeling the cold when diving, I am Canadian and used to feeling the cold but living in the tropics these last 4 years have not seen snow since spring 2016. Feeling the cold after splashing in 32C weather is like walking into an conditioned room.

I dive board shorts and a rashie down to 25C and then just my 3 mm shortie no hood or gloves to about 22C which is the coldest dive I have had in the Philippines.

There is a difference between feeling the cold and being cold.

Feeling the cold is that it is cold on your skin, being cold is a drop in core body temperature.

I like feeling the cold when diving, I am Canadian and used to feeling the cold but living in the tropics these last 4 years have not seen snow since spring 2016. Feeling the cold after splashing in 32C weather is like walking into an conditioned room.

I dive board shorts and a rashie down to 25C and then just my 3 mm shortie no hood or gloves to about 22C which is the coldest dive I have had in the Philippines.
22C would have me in a 7mm with a hood for comfortable multiple dives.

What a difference a day makes. Went out on a 2 tanker with Loggerhead this morning with Capt Jim and Mate Josh. Just 5 divers on the boat.

A beautiful, warm, sunny day. Seas 2-3 feet, mostly 2. First dive was on the 75, Visibility was at least 80 feet, crystal clear, I could see my flag from the bottom. Two nice Loggerheads, all the usual reef fish, highlight was a Bull Shark that hung out with me for a minute or more, beautiful. Second dive was on Lynn's Reef/Castle Ledge. Visibility continued to be excellent, water temp was a little warmer today, 81-2 degrees. The reef was covered by all the usual reef fish including large schools of Horse Eye Jacks, Spadefish and Chub. A couple of Loggerheads, Nurse Sharks, nice Lemon Shark at the end of the dive.

A great day of diving, doesn't get a lot better. 4 days down, 8 to go. Predictions are very good through Friday :). Solidly, back in the high life

What a difference a day makes. Went out on a 2 tanker with Loggerhead this morning with Capt Jim and Mate Josh. Just 5 divers on the boat.

A beautiful, warm, sunny day. Seas 2-3 feet, mostly 2. First dive was on the 75, Visibility was at least 80 feet, crystal clear, I could see my flag from the bottom. Two nice Loggerheads, all the usual reef fish, highlight was a Bull Shark that hung out with me for a minute or more, beautiful. Second dive was on Lynn's Reef/Castle Ledge. Visibility continued to be excellent, water temp was a little warmer today, 81-2 degrees. The reef was covered by all the usual reef fish including large schools of Horse Eye Jacks, Spadefish and Chub. A couple of Loggerheads, Nurse Sharks, nice Lemon Shark at the end of the dive.

A great day of diving, doesn't get a lot better. 4 days down, 8 to go. Predictions are very good through Friday :). Solidly, back in the high life

Man that sounds awesome! Jealous since I'm here stuck in our condo working away. :(

Welcome back!

Jim:

I always dive with Pura Vida but live in Delray. What is your favorite dive op in Boynton...highest recommendation.

Thank you

Jim:

I always dive with Pura Vida but live in Delray. What is your favorite dive op in Boynton...highest recommendation.

Thank you

Starfish & Loggerhead are my Go To Ops in Boynton.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom