Back in SE FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seas have calmed more than expected this morning. Water still brown out 600 ft. South Palm Beach county divers seeing 10-15 ft of vis. Not worth the trouble. Don't expect much better tomorrow.

Good thanks
Home finally. Cleaning my gear that was stored in my trunk. Car smells like whale puke. Wife has settled down.
Definately counting my blessings that I came out ok.

You got balz for going out in those seas...I was loling reading your post.
Sorry to hear about your hit but glad you’re better. Avoiding skin bends diving WPB is the most challenging for me and where I have taken the most hits. Dives are deeper and more agressive with less oppotunity for gradual ascents (more square profile) or prolonged safety stops.

Narcosis (Van and Finch) knew this about me and worked with me to make my dives safer. I marked my DSMB so that when he saw it he knew to expect that drifter would be at the SS awhile and he tolerated longer stops unless the conditions were really bad. These are the dives that I would use 100 O2 on my safety stops and sometimes during the SI as well. And push my nitrox mods as well.

Last edited:
@uncfnp thanks. As you stated, double dips here are on the deeper side and this is the issue that I will need to deal with. Excellent idea about tagging dmsb and planning with crew, and using o2.
I am going to pickup a medical 02 bottle for the car...see plenty for sale cheap...don't know what the deal is on refills though. One thing I have learned is ems don't really have a grasp on how to handle. I could have saved a lot of time by admin my own o2 and drove myself to the right hospital.
Type ll cns hit btw, my judgment went out right after vision. There is a chance I may not get cleared for deeper stuff, hopefully not.
Looks like a good time to be dry with all the nasty water.

Man that’s tough and I really sympathize. If you decide to continue diving they may well recommend a bubble study to check for a PFO since it was a CNS hit. If so and positive @Dr. Doug Ebersole is in your neck of the woods.

Seas have calmed more than expected this morning. Water still brown out 600 ft. South Palm Beach county divers seeing 10-15 ft of vis. Not worth the trouble. Don't expect much better tomorrow.
I went out this morning from Boynton Beach with Starfish. Seas 2-3 feet, wind diminished, mostly sunny, a beautiful day. The diving was quite good. First dive from Sharkie's Ledge outside reef over to the inside at Briney Breezes. Visibility outside was 40+ feet, inside a little less. Second dive at the North end of the reef, again from outside to inside with just a little less vis. For the 1st time this week, we had a mild North current. Water temperature was 77-78 degrees.

A very good day of diving, looking to 2 more dives out of Boynton Beach tomorrow morning with Underwater Explorers before I head back home.

Are you calling the charter operators directly to find which boats have enough divers to go, or does a shop like Force E know? I'm coming down the week before Christmas and am hoping there will be enough weekday divers (and good weather) for boat dives
:)

Are you calling the charter operators directly to find which boats have enough divers to go, or does a shop like Force E know? I'm coming down the week before Christmas and am hoping there will be enough weekday divers (and good weather) for boat dives
:)
I only use 5 charters in Boynton Beach, West Palm, and Jupiter. I can almost always get out if anyone in going. Boynton Beach inlet is the toughest, Jupiter is intermediate, West Palm is the easiest. In Boynton Beach Underwater Explorers has online reservations, text and email, Starfish has online reservations, text and email. Loggerhead, I call, text and email. Jupiter Dive Center has online reservations, I call. Narcosis in West Palm, I call, they have email and text.

Good luck, Craig

Went out today with Kevin Metz and Underwater Explorers out of Boynton Beach. Easily the best day of the last 10. Seas around 2 ft, clear and sunny, gentle breeze. Water temp was 79 degrees, visibility was 40+ feet! 1st dive Gulfstream and Black Condo, a couple of turtles and the usual reef fish, 2nd dive on Table Tops, Nurse Sharks, lots of lobster, the usual suspects. A very tiny Queen Trigger, have never seen one so small.

Considering the conditions, I did OK, 14 dives in 10 days. Back to Philadelphia tomorrow.

"Back to Philadelphia." Ever read W.C. Field's tombstone?

Glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to dive with you again in the not too distant future.

Went out today with Kevin Metz and Underwater Explorers out of Boynton Beach. Easily the best day of the last 10.

Considering the conditions, I did OK, 14 dives in 10 days. Back to Philadelphia tomorrow.

Glad to hear you had a good day & conditions are improving. I'm heading from PHL to MIA on Tuesday, and hoping that the visibility is OK. Staying in South Beach w. relatives for Thanksgiving, using Tarpoon Divers to escape them for a few dives without the hassle of driving.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom