Back in SE FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beggars can't be choosers. Went out again today with Narcosis out of West Palm. Seas were pretty big, but below the 7-9 occasional 11 that was predicted. Some unfortunate sick folks on the boat. Visibility was poor 20-30 feet, brownish-green, white flocculent material. Water temp was 78, wore my 5 mm after being on the cold side yesterday, much better. Took my boat coat too, helped a lot during the windy surface interval. I was very comfortable today. We did Mid Reef and Larsen's Valley. Much better than not diving, I had fun. The usual reef fish, a Nurse Shark. Hoping tomorrow will be lower seas, blue water was seen coming in today

How are you doing @Ghetto Diver?

Good thanks
Home finally. Cleaning my gear that was stored in my trunk. Car smells like whale puke. Wife has settled down.
Definately counting my blessings that I came out ok.

You got balz for going out in those seas...I was loling reading your post.

Went out again today with Narcosis, didn't turn out so well. Seas were a little smaller than yesterday but visibility was very poor, 10-15 feet. Water temp was a little colder, 77 degrees. We did Breakers from Elevator Chute to Trench. Much of the dive reminded me of a night dive, also so dark. The dive itself was OK with all the usual reef fish. The highlight was a beautiful Chain Moray, only the 3rd I've ever seen here. There were only five divers on the boat including a father/son on their 1st boat dive. It was very difficult for them and the father was seasick. A second dive was voted out and we returned to the marina. Nobody going out from Boynton Beach to Jupiter tormorrow, I'll be taking a long bike ride.

Did not get out Tuesday or Wednesday. Went out yesterday with Starfish out of Boynton Beach. Still a mild to moderate South current, water temp 77-78 degrees. Did 75 as the 1st dive, visibility was about 20 ft, quite dark until the sun came out. Second dive at the North end of the reef, including some Castle Ledge. Visibility was a bit better at 25-30 feet, brighter with the shallower depth too. All in all, a good day diving.

In theory, going out with Narcosis this morning. The weekend is looking a bit better than the last week has, I'm optimistic.

Did not get to dive out of West Palm this morning. DM did a bounce to check vis and literally bounced off the bottom before seeing it, visibility of zero.

Hoping tomorrow and Sunday in Boynton Beach go better.

Hey scubadada. Deco Divers/Tarpoon out of the Miami Beach marina is scheduled to run to the Jupiter Star wreck in 155', and Deep Freeze in 135' tomorrow morning at 8:30. If you've got appropriate gas on hand then this might be a bit of fun for you. May be tough to find the right mixes at the last minute, but just thought that I'd put you in the know. I'm hoping to make the scene, and it would be nice to see you again.

Hi @OceanEyes

Thanks for thinking of me, going out from Boynton Beach with Starfish tomorrow morning and with my friend Kevin and Underwater Explorers on Sunday

Good diving, Craig

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom