Back in SE FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I was down in September, after Irma, it was not great. I took a month off and went to Cayman Brac, that was excellent. I came back down on Thursday.

Yesterday, I went out with JDC for their Friday 3 tanker. The first dive on Deep Ledge was phenomenal, many, many sharks, mostly Bulls, a few Goliath Groupter, many Jacks of several kinds. Of course, we did follow Emerald on the drift. The visibility was not great, 30-40 feet, water temp was 80. 2nd and 3rd dives were on Area 51 and Capt Mike's. A Reef Shark, a few Nurse Sharks, a turtle, few Green Morays and the usual reef fish. Visibility was about the same, as was the water temp. Seas were not bad but picked up in the afternoom.

Went out with Narcosis this morning, as did 12 or 13 other divers. We did Drifting Spot and South Double Ledge. The visibility was poor and it was dark, 20-30 ft. Water temp was 78, cold toward the surface and at the safety stop. The dives were fine, usual reef fish, nothing special. Seas were probably a little under the prediction of 4-6 with occ 8.

If I'm lucky, will get out with Narcosis again tomorrow morning, nobody going out of Boynton Beach or Jupiter.

I saw the forecast mid week and decided Friday was best for me and went out (yesterday) with Narcosis. Viz was about 60, water 79. Did Corridor wrecks and a reef. Didn't see a lot except for GG's. Enjoyed the wrecks and got a great tour of the AC by Finch.

Downside is I took an undeserved hit. No symptons until drive home....pretty f'ed up. Chamber yesterday and today....maybe more, waiting on doc.

I saw the forecast mid week and decided Friday was best for me and went out (yesterday) with Narcosis. Viz was about 60, water 79. Did Corridor wrecks and a reef. Didn't see a lot except for GG's. Enjoyed the wrecks and got a great tour of the AC by Finch.

Downside is I took an undeserved hit. No symptons until drive home....pretty f'ed up. Chamber yesterday and today....maybe more, waiting on doc.
Sorry to hear about your episode of DCS, do you mind posting any additional details?

Thx
I will prolly post more once I get discharged. If I don't, I don't mind IM'ing you.
Don't know you, but have read many of your related posts.

Thanks Sportxh
One more time tomorrow. I feel fine now with minor numbness in lefr hand.
Should be out tomorrow.

Sorry for the hijack s ubadada. Sorry for typoz....dont have cheaters with me.

@Ghetto Diver,
I hope you recover ASAP. Sorry to hear about this. Take care and get well soon.

PS: I see both you and @scubadada are regulars with Narcosis. We probably know each other or better stated, have seen each other. We used to frequent Narcosis every weekend for years... we do miss Capt. Van and have since returned very sporadically with Narcosis.

Hi @Ricardo V.

I dive mostly in Boynton Beach, and then, Jupiter. I usually dive in West Palm when I can't get out of the other two. Van was unique, I like Alex too, and the same crew is there

South Palm Beach County Viz has been awful. Brown water yesterday. And now stirred up with this blow, won't be looking to go until next weekend

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom