Back from Sipadan and Mabul

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azotomix

Contributor
Reaction score
Ciao a tutti!!
I am back since more than 2 weeks from the beautiful trip to Sipadan Mabul and whish to go there again!!! It is so boring to be back to the office

I will not tell how many pictures I shoot but consider that in 6 days, 27 dives of an average of 55 min long at and a little bit less than 1 picture per min as average, you do the calculation.

I post here the ones I think can be shown. About 100

Here below are the one I like the most:
I have for sure lost some sharpen when downsizing the image for the web but did not want to do it again. Sorry!! I shoot RAW so I have played, hope not too much, with PHotoshop. Enjoy!!

Anemone_Crab-2006.jpg

Nudibranco-2229.jpg

Nearly no cropping to this head
Turtle-2708.jpg

My partner and mother of my son
Leila-2461.jpg

Anemone_Clownfish-2188.jpg

Scorpionfish-2766.jpg

Crab-2573.jpg

I tried to be artistic also but the camera I have and only one flash difficult to light all the subject:

Corallo_ctr_sole-1576.jpg

Crinoide_ctr_sole-2810.jpg

Turtle_ctr_sun-2045.jpg

Batfish_Leila-1520.jpg

Gorgonia-1835.jpg

Feel free to give me some critics so I can improve for my next trip. I do not want however make a new investment. For the moment I have to play with what I have.

Stefano!

Wow! I only have one word, "Beautiful!". Now, I know why, you didn't enjoy your Sipadan trip, you simply "Love" it! :D

Critics? Hmm........... I think you should upgrade your camera and give me your present one! :lol:

Anyway, thanks for sharing all those wonderful pictures!

Happy Diving & Keep Those Bubbles Flowing!

Ed.

damn those are good pics, is the viz that clear or are you that good with your camera? im trying to learn how to fade the background to black! any tips? i love that second pic, never seen anything like taht

Great photos, Stephano! But I have to say the first one is my absolute favorite.

They are all great, but I especially like the one where the light comes from behind the coral.....so peaceful

Fantastico!!!!!

Thank you guys!!

Rickg:
it’s really depressing going to work instead of diving….

Spoon:
This was a Nudibranch laying nicely on a rock. When I saw it he was already swimming around. I discover later it was the guide that pick him up to show another diver how he swim. Could not resist and shoot some pics and lucky enough I could get two of them focused. It was during a night dive at Mabul. To get a black backgroung increase your f number and increase the shutter speed.

Dee:
Mine too. This is why is there…

Lisa:
I agree…

Great selection of photos. Really liking the light on the flatworm, very mysterious.

Could you get any closer to the turtle? Sweet!
And that is a nice sunburst on the crinoid.

The only thing i would nitpick is a few of the lighting angles. The scorpionfish is a little too much in shadow, having the strobe right on top would have light it up a little better. You may also shorten the shutter on a couple of your WAs like the shot of your "partner" and the batfish to get some more ambient light in there.

Sounds like quite a great trip.
Well done
M

Mike!!
thank you for the comment and advices. For thos ambient light I think soon or later I will have to go for the second strobe... But what I really need to do is to upgrade my gears. BUT :no: MONEY in the pocket for the moment.

Trip report in on. Click HERE if you want to read it.

Enjoy!!!

If you have any question or what so ever to not hesitate to contact me...

Azotomix

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom