Back from Ambergris Cay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Phenominal trip.
12 nights - stayed at Mata Rocks.
junior suite- great view - priced right - VERY clean. Staff was great.

Did 12 dives with Amigos del mar / Ecologic Divers (and 1 other I forgot as it was blowing so hard they were the only shop keen to take out 2 divers) price with tax via Mata Rocks was 66 USD for a 2 tank dive (60 + 6).

I was there with my Wife who dove three days. I dove off the reef as I wanted quick 2tank dives etc. We did one trip to Lamenai to see the temples via Searious Adentures. Great day 2 fast boat rides deep into the interior jungle.

Reefs are in great shape. Vis was ranging from 150 - 80 feet. Turtles, rays, eel, nurse sharks, and hundreds of reef fish. The coral canyons were great.

We will go back.
Spend time diving out on the outer atols and then back to Mata Rocks and to see more Maya temples etc....

Vin

Hi Vin

We are looking at going to Ambergris in Nov. Is there any other way to get to Ambergris instead of flying over. Maybe a Ferry or something and how much do you think it cost and how much time from Belize City? Thanks

there are speed boats that run from Belize City to Caye Caulker and San Pedro. 45 minutes or so to San Pedro with the stop in Caye Caulker. Around US$12-15 I believe. They're right downtown on the river near the swing bridge. Any taxi driver will know how to get there.

Back
Top Bottom