Baani Explorer - Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for your post Venus,

Generator....mmm the same one that huffs and puffs and blows out smoke by the sound of it..!

Checked out your web link....Galapagos Islands, impressive, how easy or difficult was booking a holiday and were you on a liveaboard?

Brian

Thanks Bruce....LOL
04.gif

Venuss

those Galapagos photos are fantastic. I am suitably jealous now after seeing them.

I can personally vouch for the generator - I was the one in the room beside it!!!

Shelly,
Sounds like you need to steer clear of cabin number 7 if you want a nights sleep.....:sleeping_

Good morning divers,
I`m Gundi, responsible for Baani Explorer/Maldives since October 2004.
(....)

Hi Gundi,
I'm a bit surprised, that you make the guest comments public in internet!!!!
I never expected this when I filled out these sheets. Did you ask everybody for permission to do this?

What is about our comments the week before on the 2 week-trip? I think there are some bad comments, too. (2 week-trip 20.01.2008 - 03.02.2008), You know, we had some problems, too.

First we had a lot of trouble with the compressor of the dhoni. It went back to Male to fix the problem. On the second trip back to Male, the dhoni sunk on 23.01.2008.

Then we had to wait for another "new" dhoni, it arrived 25.01. but with not properly working compressor, too.

First week we cruised around Male, not on our expected 2-week-cruise-route.

And you know, nearly everybody on our tour was sick for at least 1 day in this 2 weeks. I know, for maybe different reasons, but when I read this threat, I'm not sure, if there is maybe a generally problem now?

Here are some more details about our trip:

The sunken Dhoni:

After 1,5 days the new Dhoni arrived, but still problems with compressors on board. So we returned near Male. The chief-dive guide Hussen told us on last day, we never turned back to Male. The next picture was taken on Friday, nearly the mid of our 2-week trip. We waited for some spare parts for the compressor. I felt very displeased about this view:

e21751463378f2934720fe0b888a1.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

This is the board after 2 weeks. Look for lack of dives on January 23th.
fcb4c5e315eed74be5b32782256f5.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

After all, I complaint, because I thaught that 5 dives are missing (the "Whale shark" on 01-29 was no dive, it was a snorkeling trip. On this time, the compressor was out of order again and we had no chance ti dive. But we had a great snorkelingt trip and most of us saw the whale shark. But you cant count this a dive.

I thaught every day should be 3 dives. Now I know, that this is not true. On 1 week its 17 dives and on 2 weeks its 35 (including night dives etc.). So after all, they told us, that only 1 dive is missing after all. And nobody gave us any compensation. The chief dive-guide Hussen was very inpolite on last day, after we mentioned this.

The "normal" staff was very polite and did their best, but the "managers" did not a good job. And after all problems on our tour I know, why they are so tired on next week.

I know, the loss of the Dhoni is very expensive for them. But we were only 11 "paying" guests on this trip (7 were family members of the austrian Manager Gundi) and if you think about 200 Dollar compensation for 11 guests, its a "peanut" (I hope you understand this). But the never offered this. They even told me a liar, because I said 5 dives were missing.

After all, I think I will never go back to Baani again in my hole life. Too much bad feelings about the management. Sorry for the really great "normal" staff. They did their best. Sorry especially for Moosa, Mika and Charly, 3 great dive guide. But their Boss Hussen is to arrogant.

Sorry for bad english, its not my "mother-tongue".

FunDive,

Thank you for your honest comments....

At last some home truths about the Baani operation and the lack of management support for the dive guides and staff. You have every right to claim compensation for the missed dives and especially that you stayed around Male a lot of the time. It was not the guests fault that the Dhoni sank or that the compressor gave so many problems....typical response was no response. Only a week after these incidents they were happily telling the world that they never receive complaints.....Right..!

Second rate outfit run by spineless management.....a big thumbs down from me.
thumbs_down.gif
thumbs_down.gif
thumbs_down.gif

Back
Top Bottom