Baani Explorer - Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The following is on the maldivesliveaboards.com website....

Dear Divers, Thursday’s incident on Baani Adventurer has shocked and deeply saddened us all. Baani Adventurer’s operators Touring Maldives Ltd have pledged to do their best to assist the ongoing police investigation into the causes of the incident. Maldives Scuba Diving Pvt. Ltd. would like to assure you that, once the facts are known, the appropriate measures will be taken. The authorities involved in the investigation are scheduled to convene on Sunday and a police report is expected to be published early next week. Once the facts of the incident have been established, we will be able to decide on the necessary measures. As a booking agent, we would like to offer our condolences to the victim’s family and friends. We would also like to express our sympathies for the affected divers and wish them a swift recovery.

Yours sincerely,
Gundi Holm

"The authorities involved in the investigation are scheduled to convene on Sunday and a police report is expected to be published early next week."
If true, that'd be a much better response than in Honduras.

I wonder how these police could be contacted with the information listed in this thread? Here is their site: Welcome To Maldives police service

I think this could be used for messaging

Or Contacts

Other links:

Interesting thread. My only comment is that confidentially law in the US would prevent the public disclosure of guest names. If one were to do this, you must remove indentifiable features and names.

I guess I would not bring my mistress on this dive trip if my name will come up on the SB forum. My wife might find out, and I would be in deep doo doo.

Good morning divers,
I`m Gundi, responsible for Baani Explorer/Maldives since October 2004. We are quite spoiled with good comments regarding our operation and happy to welcome many repeating clients on board every year.

The complaint regarding Baani Explorer gave me an almost sleepless night and I have tried my best to find out, what has really happened on that safari.
We give guest feedback files to our guests at the end of every safari on all our boats, they are filled in optional and very precious for us.
It helps us to see if our divers were happy during their stay and give us good hints to improve our services.

I`ve got all feedback files from the safari Feb.3.-10.2008 this morning, they are scanned on board and attached to this thread.
Partly one file is filled in by cabin - means 2 persons, it is up to our guests, how they do. Our guest arrival list is attached as well, so you can see all names booked for that cruise.

There is only one file stating the same as mentioned in this thread, all other clients seems to be happy or even very happy with the same cruise.
Please have a look at the guest comments and get your own picture.

Thank you for your time, thank you also for a comment,
Sunny regards
Gundi

I posted this in the accidents forum also:

From the info I received today it was probably CO poisoning. The boat has a gas compressor and they were using electric filters which has no CO absorption!

Last edited:
I posted this in the accidents forum also:

From the info I received today it was probably CO poisoning and incompetence of the boats part. The boat has a gas compressor and they were using electric filters which has no CO absorption!

Any oil lubricated compressor filter stack should contain hopcalite since if oil gets past the rings, it can "diesel" and create CO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom