Baani Explorer - Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey guys!
interesting what i read in your commens about explorer.
i was there 5 weeks ago over new year for 2 weeks and i cannot share your experience on that boat. i have around 750 dives all together on different places on our world so believe me or not what i am talking about, its up to you guys.
i had a lovely time there, enjoyed it very much with the other guests and the crew, we had lot of fun, beautiful dives so i will go back there in may again coz it relaxed me that much.
some notes to your complains:
- its not understandable that you didn´t enjoy the food there, i have been several times on safari boats, as well on maldives but i never got that good food with that quality like on explorer.
- diarrhoae happens sometimes when you go to asian countries, not special on a liveaboard, i got it as well on a 5 star island on maldives. so i think it depends on how sensible you are on different food, water etc. this you can read on so many pages about travelling to different countries thats nothing special for a safariboat.
- exhaust fumes can happen specially when there is no wind or the wind is coming from the "wrong" side of the boat, i didn´t have a problem with that there. maybe it would be better for you to switch off the generator and enjoy your dinner with candle-lights, otherwise there is as well the option to eat in the saloon as well.
- for the crew its one of the best i have ever seen on a liveaboard, the didn´t make a really exhausted impression to me, we had alot of fun together, nice barbecue, nice new year...

all together it is a liveaboard, thats not a floating island that´s what everybody should think about before doing a diving-safari-booking.

for my experience there i enjoyed it very much, going back there soon.
i can recommend going for holiday there and make your own experience, i think thats better sometimes than to read too much in forums.

greez :wink:
divemasta

Hey Divemasta

you win some and you lose some and unfortunately we lost this time around. From what I read and what I heard before we went this was/is a good boat with a good crew. We simply had an unfortunate adventure. Bad luck I suppose. The diving was top class though, and that's what will stay with me.

I`ve got all feedback files from the safari Feb.3.-10.2008 this morning, they are scanned on board and attached to this thread.
Partly one file is filled in by cabin - means 2 persons, it is up to our guests, how they do. Our guest arrival list is attached as well, so you can see all names booked for that cruise.

There is only one file stating the same as mentioned in this thread, all other clients seems to be happy or even very happy with the same cruise.
Please have a look at the guest comments and get your own picture.

Thank you for your time, thank you also for a comment,
Sunny regards
Gundi

wow:shakehead:... While I'm happy to see operators take these issues and complaints very seriously, I'm a bit disturbed by you posting people's actual feedback questionnaires on a public forum including their actual names. I think it could have been done a bit more discretely without including people's actual names and personal requests...:popcorn:

yes, I'm not sure it's appropriate to post these forms at all but definitely not with the names on them. I would be pretty angry if I was one of those people (and would be asking a mod to remove mine, at the very least.) I would suggest deleting them. If you really feel they need to be here repost them with filenames that don't identify the passengers, but probably best not posted at all.

yes, I'm not sure it's appropriate to post these forms at all but definitely not with the names on them. I would be pretty angry if I was one of those people (and would be asking a mod to remove mine, at the very least.) I would suggest deleting them. If you really feel they need to be here repost them with filenames that don't identify the passengers, but probably best not posted at all.

for me if i have been there it would not be a problem to show my comments online. i mean on this way all people here can see that the operator is not faking anything and that he really thinks serious about complains. imagine its a liveaboard on maldives, and just a few days later you can see the forms online coz of some reports.
it would be nice if everybody is taking so much responsibility of online-complains like maldivesliveaboards. great job they do for my opinion.

i think its bad enough that so many people talking about so much useless things online on an anonymous way so why not show names, that´s not a real big thing for me.

greez
divemasta

What a crock.....wouldn't it be better if the operator posted a list of improvements or changes they intend to make, instead of side stepping the real issue, the origin of the complaints! I guess those guys on the trip didn't just dream up the issues, they just wanted to pass on their own exeriences to hopefully benefit others.

I agree, it's bad order to post names of previous guests to try and jusitfy their own reported failings.

By the way Divemasta, can we see your comment sheet relating to your trip to the Baani?

How about it Gundi?

i think you didn´t read my post Liamred123 a few lines up.
i was there in january and i go back in may this year. so my last time there i didn´t fill out a comment sheet.
But what do you think why i am going back there after 5 month? coz it was so bad?
Indeed not, i enjoyed it very much there that´s why.

And believe me i was reading the guest-book last time on board with nice comments there.
I was on a few different boats on maldives but explorer is the one i go back again :)

for me if i have been there it would not be a problem to show my comments online. i mean on this way all people here can see that the operator is not faking anything and that he really thinks serious about complains. imagine its a liveaboard on maldives, and just a few days later you can see the forms online coz of some reports.
it would be nice if everybody is taking so much responsibility of online-complains like maldivesliveaboards. great job they do for my opinion.

i think its bad enough that so many people talking about so much useless things online on an anonymous way so why not show names, that´s not a real big thing for me.

greez
divemasta
Well it is a big deal for me. I know it's not the US but I think most people will assume (incorrectly in this case) that when they fill out a comment form, it is private and not going to be posted on the www with their name. For that matter, it's not the world's business that someone was on the boat that week and they have basically just posted most of their passenger list. Not really good business.

If they posted guest forms without guest names some here would have complained about that too and say they were fake. How do you know they don't have the guests permission to post those?

Just my 2 cents.

Rob.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom