B&H Photo-Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cannon_guy:
Another large company in their market is Adorama, which you might explore. But for my $$, B&H is as far as you need to look. They're competitively priced.

Best of luck!

Just FYI, Adorama is part of Leisure Pro. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad, I've never bought anything from them. I have bought several cameras and housings from B&H, and was very happy with the prices and shipping.

I bought a housing from them 6 months ago, came on time and worked great. Definitely a good company from my experience.

cannon_guy:
Can't say too much good about B&H. They've got plenty of my $$ over the years, always a super deal. I have had to return an item before and they took good care of me.

Another large company in their market is Adorama, which you might explore. But for my $$, B&H is as far as you need to look. They're competitively priced.

Best of luck!
Interesting answers... I happen to live and work in New York, so I know both B&H and Adorama.

B&H is top notch. Their place is chock full of real photographers (and audio guys) who's advice has always been good for me. It's also a lot of fun, with merchandise popping up through the floors and flying on overhead monorails. Ya gotta see the place to believe it.

Adorama is the same people and building as our old buddies, Leisurepro. When you buy something in LP's store, you get it in an Adorama bag.

I furnish this information in the interest of education and disclosure. :14: I've never purchased anything from Adorama, because I love B&H. I'm sure Adorama is a fine shop, too.

justleesa:
Does France still have a 33% luxury tax?
5.5% for not prepared food, and 19.6% for anything else, but it's not always certain that Customs tax the import.
And our dealers continue to think that 1 USD = 1 EUR, however actually 1 USD = 0.76 €, so buying in USA can save a lot of money.
Except in case of problems, sure.

Noviz:
B&H is top notch. Their place is chock full of real photographers (and audio guys) who's advice has always been good for me. It's also a lot of fun, with merchandise popping up through the floors and flying on overhead monorails. Ya gotta see the place to believe it.
Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated!!

henryp:
Thanks for your kind words. Much appreciated!!
Good to hear you folks are still around. Bought a lot of darkroom equipment years ago back when we used this stuff called "film"

new toy (kit Ikelite DS 125) received this morning ( monday 26th)
ordered on friday 16th, delivered by USPS Global Mail, in France.
very good tracking.

and now, dive and flash !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom