Awesome diving Oahu w/ Gabe@Kaimana divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freakin

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Got into Oahu (Waikiki area) last Saturday and sent Gabe an email. I met up with him for a 2-tank morning boat dive out to The Corsair (old WWII plane wreck).

He picked me up at my hotel (a huge help) and we burned over to the harbor and got on the boat.

We had an killer dive at the corsair w/ 100+ ft of vis. He happily took pics of me "driving the plane" and hanging w/ turtles. Went to Koko's afterward and saw so many turtles I lost count.

I was only planning on doing one day of diving, but after the dive Gabe told me they were shore diving Shark's Cove the next day. I decided to join up with him for that also (my family was planning on snorkeling there that day so it worked perfectly).

He did a great job leading us through the caverns at Shark's cove and pointing out cool stuff to see. We headed over to Three Tables next and had a great time there too. We got 50+ minutes of bottom time on both shore dives. He helped break down & set up equipment and even loaned me his light.

I really can't recommend Kaimana divers highly enough. He's a great owner/operator of a dive company and I'll be diving with Gabe every year when I come back.

Kaimana Divers: SCUBA Diving in Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii, Waikiki
gabescotti@gmail.com
808-772-1795

Attachments

• IMG_2468-1.jpg
    IMG_2468-1.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2480-1.jpg
    IMG_2480-1.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2522-1.jpg
    IMG_2522-1.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2485-1.jpg
    IMG_2485-1.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2527-1.jpg
    IMG_2527-1.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_2534-1.jpg
    IMG_2534-1.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2547-1.jpg
    IMG_2547-1.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2662-1.jpg
    IMG_2662-1.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2685-1.jpg
    IMG_2685-1.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2691-1.jpg
    IMG_2691-1.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 76
Hey Brendan....

Had a blast diving with you too. Thanks so much for joining in on our reindeer games. I love the b and w photo of the convict tang! Also, fantastic shot of the green lionfish.

Again, thanks so much for diving and the kind words. Can't wait to see you next time you make it out.... we'll take you out to the big shipwrecks in Waikiki or the Westside (hopefully you will have a BCD that fits you by then)!

Enjoy the rest of the trip my friend!

G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom