Awesome Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chicken197

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Last weekend, my four year old predator flooded during a dive into Peacock Springs. The computer had over 100 dives since the last battery change and there were no visible clues why the computer had failed. I used my backup computer and completed my dive safely.

I immediately called the dealer where I purchased the Predator to see what I needed to do. The shop was open but the owner was teaching a class. The person on the phone was not sure what to do to protect the computer or the next step to get it evaluated. I called the owners cell phone and left a message. I never received a call back. Four days later and I am still waiting for a response to my voicemail.

Later that same night. I emailed Shearwater Customer Support and explained my issue. I received a response from Curtis McNamee within three hours. On a Sunday night! He explained what he thought the issue might be and asked me to ship the computer to him. Curtis even offered a loaner predator while he had mine! Monday morning and the predator was wrapped and shipped to Washington priority mail.

Today, four days later, Curtis let me know my Predator was repaired and on its way home. He explained there was a small crack near a screw hole on the lens due to no fault of mine. The circuit board, lens, and battery were all replaced. I asked what the final bill was and he replied "it was covered under warranty." I couldn't believe it.

Most manufacturers dismiss you outright or force you back to the dealer to get anything handled. Shearwater Research not only met my expectations, they have exceeded them more than I ever could imagine. I have been diving for 20 years and Shearwater Research not only has some of the best technical dive computers on the market, they have the best customer service backing them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom