Avid BC / Broken strap holder (lower)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Johnny very nice work

Could you share how was the repair with the time ?

Best regards
Hello, Im not sure what you mean by the time?? If you are asking how long it took to do the repair, I tinkered with it over several evenings after work. At first I was not sure what I was going to do to fix it and figured what have I got to loose. I began taking it apart and ideas started coming to mind. If you are asking how well it is holding up, it is holding up well with several dives on it so far..

My wife’s Luna strap just broke here in Cozumel after probably 8 years and 400 dives. Was sure hoping it would last longer than this. Any recommendations for a small female that isn’t a Sherwood product?

i went with the avid bp/w...now at least you know where the weak joint/ tank attachment is when you choose a replacement type of jacket bc....

The best fix for your Sherwood BCD's is to find a Mares Dealer. You can order their hard backpack with soft cover, remove the plastic Sherwood junk backpack, and install the Mares backpack. Instant new BCD. I am doing this with my Sherwood Torguga BCD which is like new except for the broken Backpack. I called Sherwood some years ago and the best they would do is give me a credit for a new one. Why would I spend good money for a new POS plastic backpack? My local Mares dealer JustMadAboutDiving.com will get me the parts. Will fit like a glove.

Attachments

• 20191223_164238.jpg
    20191223_164238.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 370
  • 20191223_164225.jpg
    20191223_164225.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 322
That's my solution

Attachments

• 20191223_164238.jpg
    20191223_164238.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 322
  • 20191223_164225.jpg
    20191223_164225.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 313
That's my solution
can you show a photo with a tank straped on it. i am not a expert but i think you place the item in the wrong sequence meaning what you place on the back should be between the padded inside and the one you place to hold the tank with the handle should be behide the padded back

Back
Top Bottom