Average Water Temperatures in Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gee13

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

I am planning my first dive trip to Maldives. What kind of water temperatures would I expect in March? Is there a huge variation if I go on a liveaboard and dive numerous sites? Are some sites ie channels more likely to have colder currents than others? I hear most of the temperature is around 83-84F. But is this seasonal?

At this temperature I usually dive with a 0.5mm. Any info will be appreaciated.

Just checked my log for March 09. Almost every dive 28C.

In resorts i dive a 3mm shortie, on a liveaboard i've used a 3/2 mm full lenght. If you dive in 0.5mm, you are tougher than me!!

In Sipadan I checked the temps and they were 26-27C and I used my 0.5mm all the time which I was perfectly comfortable in, I found that was just fine I used only much less weight and bouyancy was much better controlled. I also used close heel fins which had better thrust. And not to mention that my 0.5mm weighs close to nothing doesnt take any travel space or weight like a full 5mm! remember I come from cold water diving, temps here are 18-21 and I use 5mm no probs.

I did a liveaboard in Jan 07. I don't recall the temp but I'm pretty sure it was never below low 80s and I know I dove a 1mm as it's the only thing I own. I do tend to go light on the neoprene.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom