Average/ Longest Decompression and your Thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Around 40min is a average for me, longest just short of 2 hours. Racking up deco is very easy. For me its all about the value you get from the dive ($$, experience, goal) and the effort to complete the dive (deco & logistics).

Doing a 300-400ft dive with 2hours deco is hard work, effort and requires a lot of logistics and planning. Is it worth spending 15min BT with such a long and expensive dive??? Only your wallet and goals can determine that.

Average deco is probably about 1 hour to 90 minutes of deco. The longest I have done is around 2 hours maybe a little more.. I have planned some stuff with 3 to 3 1/2 but weather keeps scrubbing those.

I'll play.

Longest deco was 3hrs. Triple stage at 220' avg in a siphon. Fun dive, worth the 3hrs of sittin' there.

Idk what I do on deco, really. Look around, see what my buddy is up to, daydream, see what my buddy is up to, drink from a camelbak, see what my buddy is up to, write cheesy jokes on wetnotes. I don't really mind deco, somehow I entertain myself.

I don't really mind deco, somehow I entertain myself.

I wouldn't mind it as much, either, if the water were 70 degrees, and I weren't trying to stay on a bucking upline . . . :)

Longest deco was around 50 minutes. The 'longest' deco was 40 minutes in 55 degree water with a flooded dry suit.

What do I do on deco? Watch the marine life, watch buddy, write jokes or just hang. 'Local' deco is the same, less the marine life.

Longest deco.: 132 hours ( after a 29 day saturation job ).

I commend you folks who do long hangs on scuba. We commercial folk have the luxury of chambers for the majority of our deco. time. I guess I've been spoiled by it, as the idea of doing lengthy in-water deco. and paying for the privilege ( as opposed to being paid! ) just doesn't do it for me.

Cheers,
DSD

Just over 2 hours as the longest, typical is 30min or so.

I have a iDive300 to watch a movie if it's >30min.

2 hours seems pretty intense BTW... what where you doing if i may ask?

We have a lot of wrecks out here some are reasonably in the 200ish range, others are closer to 400ish. You can work out schedules on those dives, but ~20-25 minutes at a given depth and you'll see the runtimes climb.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom