• 0.8-0.89 cu ft/min, 22.6-25.4 l/min

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • 0.9-0.99 cu ft/min, 25.5-28.2 l/min

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • greater than or equal to 1.0 cu ft/min, 28.3 l/min

Votes: 15 1.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never seen this, but at which depth would this be?

I mean 2 hours on 80cuft at 15 feet or 45 minutes at 90feet with same size tank
Are you referring to RMV? If so, it’s adjusted for the surface pressure. Actual gas consumption during the dive would include the average depth.

Yes, true. Not quite finished with my first cup of coffee this morning, so I neglected to include that.
I'm on my first cup, too. And we both failed to mention, if it really needs to be said, is that the amount of time of the dive factors in as well.

Probably asked somewhere else in the thread, but under what circumstances? My RMV in a shorty in warm water and an Aluminum 80 is a lot lower than with a drysuit, a twinset (HP120s), a deco bottle, cold water and current.

Probably asked somewhere else in the thread, but under what circumstances? My RMV in a shorty in warm water and an Aluminum 80 is a lot lower than with a drysuit, a twinset (HP120s), a deco bottle, cold water and current.
Make it your average RMV over all your dives, covering your spectrum of activity.

Last dives averaged about 31 feet for 31 minutes. I used 2000 psi out of a hp 100 that started with 3400. The calculator says that is an RMV of 0.95. It is a bit of an improvement. The dives were in cold water with a two piece wetsuit and 30 lbs of lead. I am a little surprised by the high consumption, since the dives were mostly pretty relaxed. Fighting the buoyancy of the wetsuit increased consumption at the end. I probably needed to carry even more weight, which would have had the result of less air consumption. It seems backwards but I was really working to keep down and felt like a cork at the safety stop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom